Review of The After Life Meddlers Club

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinyechi Obi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-obi.html
Latest Review: The Assignment by Shayla C. Freeman

Review of The After Life Meddlers Club

Post by Onyinyechi Obi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The After Life Meddlers Club" by Thomas C Smith.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Having a destination after death isn't a bad idea, is it? A place—or an 'after'place'—where we can sit back and reflect on our lives spent on earth, or the 'before place' as Mark Twain would put it. A place where we can acknowledge our mistakes from our time on earth and possibly even influence the lives of those still living in the "before place." "The After Life Meddlers Club" is an intriguing romance book with a nice touch of fiction that explores the possibilities of divine interference from people who've long died but reside in the afterlife.

Timothy, who had been in the afterlife for a while, decides to join a club to pass the time. Amongst his options, the After Life Meddlers Club stood out, and he decided to participate. The club was most focused on meddling with the romantic aspects of people's lives. Timothy and Katherine meet here, and they agree to try and match their grandchildren together. Timothy had a grandson named Tim, who had divorced two women in the past, named Debbie and Susan, and Katherine had a granddaughter named Katie, who had a divorce with a man named Carl. Tim and Katie meet, though only via internet messaging on the dating site, and Katie decides they remain just friends. What follows are a series of dates for both parties, disappointments, and despair. Will they ever find true love? Did their soulmates exist at all?

The author emphasized many themes in his book, including love and relationships, where we can clearly see how the story revolves around the romantic lives of Tim and Katie, exploring their struggles, desires, and yearnings for a romantic connection. The theme of fate and intervention is also significant, exploring the tension between the idea of a predetermined course of events (fate) and the influence of external factors (intervention) on the lives of the characters. Katherine and Timothy in the After Life Meddlers Club represent a form of intervention as they attempt to shape the romantic lives of their grandchildren, Tim and Katie. This raises questions about the nature of fate and whether it can be altered or influenced by external forces. Themes like second chances and personal growth were also explored by the author in this book.

The plot is set in the "before place," which includes known locations such as San Francisco, Phoenix, and New Jersey, all in the United States of America, as well as the "after place," where the deceased settle forever. In all honesty, this book had no disdain.

I would recommend this book to romance readers who enjoy stories about second chances at love and relationships, fans of fantasy and paranormal fiction, particularly those interested in the concept of an "afterlife," and readers who appreciate stories about personal growth, self-awareness, and redemption. I would rate this book a 5 out of 5.

The After Life Meddlers Club
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I have noticed that grandparents always think that they’re right, especially when it comes to the dating lives of their grandchildren. Apparently that doesn’t stope even after death. This seems more drama than romance. Maybe I’d like it. Thanks!
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by williams Emerald »

The portrayal of the character’s struggles, desires, and yearnings for love resonates with the universal human experience, drawing readers into their journey of self-discovery and second chances. The relatable nature of their experiences adds authenticity and depth to the storytelling, making the characters’ journey all the more engaging and heartfelt.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Kristin Cowan »

This is a funny concept. I could definitely see this happening
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This is interesting. Imagine someone in the after life , playing chess and trying to focus on winning and suddenly a message from the actual living is being sent to him about one of his grandchildren being born. I love it. It gives us a bit of closure knowing that our loved ones are not completely dead and it's a good concept. This is a very light hearted read and it would help anyone who has just lost a loved one grieve better.
Be yourself and nothing less
Onwuesi Promise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onwuesi-promise.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

This book is full of love, romance, and dramatic experiences. I love this book so much. I already read it during High School and it taught me a lot about how we should consider our loved ones.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, "The After Life Meddlers Club" by Mark Twain sounds like a fascinating blend of romance and fiction that delves into the intriguing concept of divine interference from the afterlife. The idea of characters in the afterlife influencing the romantic fates of their living descendants is both unique and thought-provoking. I appreciate the exploration of themes like love, fate, and personal growth, as well as the setting that alternates between familiar earthly locations and a creatively imagined afterlife. The promise of second chances and the potential for personal redemption add depth to the narrative. With its interesting premise and positive review, this book seems like a captivating read for fans of romance and paranormal fiction. I'm eager to see how Timothy and Katherine's meddling plays out and whether their grandchildren, Tim and Katie, find true love.
Elendu Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-treasure.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Elendu Treasure »

The way the character's hardships, aspirations, and longings for love are portrayed speaks to the universal human condition and entices readers to embark on their own journeys of self-discovery and second chances. The characters' journey is made even more compelling and poignant by the relatable nature of their circumstances, which also gives the narrative depth and authenticity.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

The After Life Meddlers Club" presents a fascinating concept of the afterlife as a realm where the deceased can reflect on their earthly lives and even influence the living.
Joy Stanley
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-stanley.html
Latest Review: Young Americans by Peter S. Rush

Post by Joy Stanley »

The concept of Afterlife is one I don’t agree with because of my religion. I would have to skip this book and pick another oner
Chi Zurum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-zurum.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Chi Zurum »

Of course match making will forever be a thing parents and grandparents will always. I'm hoping it worked out with Tim and Katie

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”