Capitol Bride *SPOILERS* by Cynthia Woolfe

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
K Venne
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-venne.html

Capitol Bride *SPOILERS* by Cynthia Woolfe

Post by K Venne »

This is a story about a young woman with a child who decides to become a mail ordered bride in order to ensure the safety of their future. They travel cross country to wild Colorado to meet their new life.

I really wanted to like this book as the story was not like one I had read before. Howvever it left me disappointed.

I found the foreshadowing was off in the story. When certain elements were introduced into the story it felt out of place. There were two areas in particular, one was in regards to the new husband and the other was in regards to the cousin.

I also didn’t like how the author decides that the male lead should “dismiss” his love for his first wife at the end of the story. It made me sad and felt very unnecessary. It made me dislike him as a character which is not what you want of the male lead.

I didn’t find the characters and story line were well developed. Considering I felt this could be considered a romantic drama, I felt no connection to the characters other than annoyance.

All in all, I would not recommend this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”