Review of Alpha's Regret

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Upasana Vidish Purohit
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upasana-vidish-purohit.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 65%

Re: Review of Alpha's Regret

Post by Upasana Vidish Purohit »

"Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall seems interesting plot as it has werewolf fantasy. It also has Everly's life story, her challenges and pain of being seperated from the pact. I find it really interesting to add to my TBR list. Congratulations on BOTD!
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting romance story following Everly, a rogue Alpha, who is trying to start her own community after her family wants nothing to do with her. Will she succeed? It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your great review. I did like the author's style of writing. Most of the story I did like, but I'm not a fan of werewolf stories. I'm sure that those who do like stories about werewolves will be thrilled with reading this. Being a single mom, though I did it by choice, I could relate to those parts of the plot.
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

I loved reading the review, especially the summary of the story. The reviewer's style was interesting. From the sample and OBC review I think that the story has an attractive factors, whether for the narrative style or the sequence of the events. It takes us to supernatural region with alpha powers. Congrats on BOTD
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I love a good werewolf story, and warring factions make them even more satisfying. I'm adding this one to my list based on your favourable review.
Sarvesh J Yadav 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav-1.html
Latest Review: Shelby Morrow - Journals, 1929-1935 by A. C. Holmes

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav 1 »

The bond between Everly and her son is a heartwarming highlight. The story explores the fierce protectiveness and unwavering love a mother has for her child, adding an emotional dimension to the narrative.
raymo rehan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by raymo rehan »

It’s hard to tell from the review that this is a werewolf novel, which I thought after reading a few pages and looking at the cover. In my youth, I devoured a lot of this book, but those days are gone, so I'll take a pass. However, from the parts I read, the author’s writing style is excellent and I’m sure fans of this style will enjoy the tape very much.
Ankitg Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankitg-yadav.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Ankitg Yadav »

Both Everly and Valen carry the emotional baggage of past betrayals and societal pressures. The story delves into their vulnerability and insecurities, making them relatable characters with whom readers can empathize.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Nancy004 »

Jessica Hall's "Alpha’s Regret" is a captivating tale of Everly's resilience and strength. Engaging narration, a beautifully developed plot, and a fantasy world of werewolves make it a must-read for fiction lovers and werewolf enthusiasts.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

I like the fact that Everly found strength in her pain by building her own village. I would want to know if she succeeded in becoming the Alpha Luna. Nice review!
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Is this our typical romantic novel or it's a vampire novel because that's the vibes I'm getting from this book but I hope it's not. Kudos to the author for winning BOTD with his book.
Suvra Nandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Suvra Nandi »

The description of Everly’s journey from disgrace to strength is compelling and highlights the emotional depth of the story. I appreciate reviewer's praise for the narrator’s efficiency in conveying Everly’s pain and the engaging plot development that transports readers to a fantasy world of werewolves. Mention of minor narration issues and repeated phrases is helpful, but it’s great to hear these didn’t detract reader from overall enjoyment. The rating and recommendation for fans of fiction and werewolf stories underscore the book’s appeal. Thanks for sharing!
Mercy Bolo
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mercy Bolo »

The protagonist is Jessica, a rogue werewolf who has a child by her father's sworn enemy. Jessica's father would rather let his daughter die than endure the humiliation. Follow Jessica's journey as she rebuilds her life and finds solace from an unlikely source.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Anu Anand »

"Alpha’s Regret" by Jessica Hall, seems like a wonderful werewolf story. As a fan of werewolf stories, I'm curious to see how Everly overcomes her challenges and what secrets unfold. Congrats on BOTD!
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

"Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall is about Everly, an Alpha who goes rogue after a night she can't recall. She loses her family and prestige, and her father despises her for bearing his adversary's child. Despite her difficulties, she finds hope in a caring woman and constructs her own community, which grows stronger over time. The book is entertaining, with a well-developed plot and multiple points of view. The audiobook is well-edited, yet the narrator's emotions do not always match the plot. I give it five stars and recommend it to everyone who enjoys werewolf fiction or uplifting stories.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”