Official Review: The One by Tyler Cook

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peter Sasomo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-sasomo.html
Latest Review: Bashert by Larry G. Goldsmith

Re: Official Review: The One by Tyler Cook

Post by Peter Sasomo »

The book is a valuable tool full of references. The homosexuality issue has been around for decades. Some may find it really awkward to see the US states passing on bills to support homosexuals.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Northland Chronicles Mother World in Peril by John Frederick Zurn

Post by Veronica Hunter »

I appreciate the author's realistic portrayal of Eli and Tori's friendship. The dynamics felt genuine, and the emotional depth added a layer of authenticity to the narrative.
Jessica Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Jessica Azuka »

This book sounds interesting. I love the storyline and I love the suspense used. I am looking forward to reading this book to find out how it ends for Eli and Christian. Congratulations to the author on winning book of the day.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Through this fiction book we can read about the development of same sex laws or laws for the homesexuals. I like the friendships between Tori and Eli especially how supportive and available Tori is to Eli during Eli's despair. If you are not into same sex read, you can skip this one.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Reasonably Foreseeable by James E Carroll

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

The use of online platforms like POF added a modern twist to the story. It's refreshing to see contemporary elements seamlessly integrated into the plot.
Rena Smith 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rena Smith 1 »

This book is something that I won't read but it's good to have it out there for the gays to read
Terni
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Terni »

I love this
This is exactly what the LGBTQ community in Nigeria needs to read
I love the fact that Tori and Eli are being honest with each other and keeping secrets safe ,and I also enjoy the helping hand of Tori to Eli....
Superb novel to read
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: The Gromes in "A Top Hat Day" by Zed

Post by Anu Anand »

This book sounds like a valuable read, shedding light on LGBTQ experiences and emphasizing the importance of understanding and acceptance. It's heartening to hear that the characters' parents support them. Congratulations on BOTD! Thank you for sharing this thoughtful and comprehensive review! Your attention to detail and insightful analysis make it a valuable guide for potential readers. Well done!
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Posthumous Remorse by Shepperd Rourke

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on "The One"! Your review really caught my eye. As a fellow gay reader, hearing about how the book navigates same-sex relationships and coming out is super important to me. Your insights into the characters' experiences and the support they receive from friends and family make me think this could be a relatable and engaging read.

I appreciate your details about the author's style, the absence of profanity, and the way romance is portrayed—it helps set expectations. It sounds like the book doesn't hold back on the realities of coming out, which is something I can definitely appreciate.

Your review's honesty and depth have me seriously considering picking up this book. It seems like it's more than just a story; it's an authentic portrayal of some real-life experiences. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

The One

Tori and Eli have a great friendship, one in which most people should have. Being that Eli likes the same sex, having someone to talk definitely helps and Tori has been there to lend her ear. Eli found a guy (Christian) that he likes and once he opens up to him, he was rejected. I definitely believe that this read is good for readers who don’t mind same sex relationships.
Sheena Shields
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Sheena Shields »

And I want to read this kind of book. Only because I have a best friend that is obsessed with POF. I don't see the need to look further into the subject. I have an open mind but this is just too much for me.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Eye of The Beholder by J.M. Stenfors

Post by Janet Kimetto »

Thanks for the review! I would also love the strong friendship between Eli and Tori and the happy ending (from the title).
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

The One is a great book for people who like romance novels. The book has good character development and a well developed storyline that will entertain readers. Congratulations on making botd!
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Huini Hellen »

This book shows the struggles that minority groups go through. They're often alienated from the society, especially for being considered "abnormal". The One shows that just like everyone else, minority groups relate to our challenges.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

An engaging read that touches the very sensitive topic of homosexuality. Interesting read. Congrats on #BOTD

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”