Review of Alpha's Regret

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Re: Review of Alpha's Regret

Post by Abraham Ozo »

Alpha's Regret offers a gripping tale of resilience and redemption amidst betrayal and loss, expertly crafted by Jessica Hall, immersing readers in a captivating world of werewolves.
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Transcending Labels by Mitch Stevens

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

Jessica Hall's story, which follows the lives of Everly, an Alpha who went rogue, is captivating. As she constructs her own town and confronts her history, Everly's tenacity is shown in the face of rejection, threats, and difficult conditions. Congrats on BOTD.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

This a werewolves romance that revolves around Everly’s story after she gets drunk one night and has to deal with the consequences of her actions. Not my cup of tea, but I appreciate that it’s super engaging and fast paced. Thanks for highlighting that in your review!
Shewaofafrica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: Against All Odds by Carola Hauer

Post by Shewaofafrica »

While Alpha's Regret delivers a compelling narrative with intricate plot development and engaging characters, occasional lapses in emotional resonance and awkward repetitions slightly detract from an otherwise enthralling experience
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading: Secrets of the Kashmir Valley
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

"Alpha's Regret" is an exceptionally captivating book that draws readers in from the very first page. The author masterfully weaves an engaging story filled with action, suspense, and unexpected plot twists that keep you hooked until the end. One of the most compelling aspects of the book is how vividly the characters' emotions are portrayed. You can almost feel their pain, struggles, and triumphs, which makes the story deeply immersive.

The action scenes are intense and well-crafted, adding a dynamic pace to the narrative. There are no dull moments, and the story constantly evolves, keeping the reader on their toes.
The review you provided is outstanding, highlighting the strengths of the book and giving potential readers a glimpse into what makes it so special. Congratulations to the author on being chosen as the Book of the Day (BOTD).
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I am not a fan of books about werewolves so I think i will pass on this one. I do love the idea of a 'Romeo and Juliet' kind of twist, a fresh take on fantasy. Your review clearly shows how much you enjoyed this book though. Well done.
Last edited by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu on 23 May 2024, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
"All I can do is fight, and I intend to. After all, giving up on the process is giving up on the result."
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 712
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 72%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Alpha’s Regret” by Jessica Hall is a story about Everly, an Alpha-turned-rogue-whore werewolf. She regrets the night of drunkenness and sex that she cannot remember which resulted in her losing all of the love she knew, and she loses her pack, family and her rights to becoming the next Alpha of her pack. The worst punishment, the hatred her father had for her bad decision. She was pregnant and was thrown out of her home and left to fend for herself. She had the baby who had the same eyes as the father who is the Alpha of another pack that is always at war with her father’s pack. She goes home one night during a heavy rainstorm, sees her sister and mother who take to baby Valarian right away. Her father tells her to be gone in the morning. She finds a rundown motel that is run by another rogue who takes her in and gives them a room and feeds them. Meanwhile, the Alpha realizes that he sensed something when he met her at his home, but he also threw her out while he was in a drunken stupor. A well-written book that I want to read.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the engaging way the author presents the story of Everly, the main character. Thanks for the review.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Marcus Douglas Presents Echoes of Time by Marcus Douglas

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

Everly made a mistake because of a one-night stand, and her father shunned her because the man she slept with was a sworn enemy. It's been a while since I read this kind of book but yeah, this is worth checking out. Congratulations on making a book of the day.
lim mamanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lim-mamanto.html
Latest Review: The Enlightened Passenger by Corey Poirier

Post by lim mamanto »

Everly loses her pact, her family, and her rights as the next Alpha of her pact. Her father would rather have her die than allow her to ruin his reputation by having a child with his sworn enemy. The reviewer recommends this book to anyone who loves to read good fiction, especially those interested in werewolves. This book would also be suitable for people who need some inspiration to move forward in spite of very harsh circumstances:
The reviewer was immersed in a fantasy world of werewolves while learning a lesson about harsh life circumstances. What more do we want from a book? Kudos :tiphat:
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 148%

Post by Tejas Koli »

This review makes "Alpha’s Regret" by Jessica Hall sound like an absolute must-read! 📚🐺 The story of Everly, an Alpha-turned-rogue-whore who fights against all odds, seems both gripping and inspiring. I love books that transport you to a fantasy world, and it sounds like this one does that beautifully. Despite the minor narration issues, the engaging plot and strong character development make it worth diving into. Definitely adding this to my list! 🐾✨
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: What Happened To Flynn by Pat Muir

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Alpha’s Regret by Jessica Hall sounds like a powerful and gripping story. The character of Everly, dealing with such immense personal loss and transforming her pain into strength, is truly inspiring.Thanks for the great review.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The theme discussing the combination of werewolf and whore in the book seems intriguing. For a fiction book, the concept presented is quite interesting. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Conversations with a Sage by Rand Law

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am not a huge fan of books on werewolves, but this definitely sounds fascinating, and I look forward to seeing how Everly made it despite the seemingly insurmountable odds. The thing that piques my curiosity the most is how she managed to build her own community and what she had to contend with to build this.
Many thanks for the fascinating review. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Runan »

Alpha John abandons his daughter Everly after she sleeps with his sworn enemy. Everly turns rogue, builds her own village, and is aiming to become the next Alpha Luna. Will it be a smooth ride for her? This is an engaging fantasy novel. Your review of this book is great.
Runan

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”