Who is your favorite romance author?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
hnm216
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Who is your favorite romance author?

Post by hnm216 »

Nicholas Sparks. I love his books, I wait very (im)patiently for the next one to come out. I really hope he continues to write, and write as well as he does now even though he's going through a divorce.
Green Eyes 36
Favorite Author: Edgar Allan Poe
Favorite Book: Masque of the Red Death
Currently Reading: Captivated by You
Bookshelf Size: 18
fav_author_id: 4642

Post by Green Eyes 36 »

I'm just starting to get into romance novels. I never used to be. I actually read the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy after much pestering by my cousins and mom last year and I loved it. So much so that I decided to try my hand at writing a romance novel. I'd never written romance before and now that's all I write. I guess I became inspired. I did recently read a series by Meredith Wild called the Hacker Series. It was quite good. I loved the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day, in fact I just started Captivated by You. If anyone has any other romance authors they would recommend I would appreciate it. I'm trying to read more of the genre because I really enjoy it but also because if I'm going to write in the genre I should read more of it as well. Thanks.
clmartin
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clmartin.html

Post by clmartin »

I love the historical romance writers. Storys from England, and Scotland are my favorite. As far as a favorite author I love Cathy Maxwell. I am currently reading one of her newer ones "The Groom Says Yes" from her brides of wishmore collection and cant put it down!
abijane115
Currently Reading: Combative
Bookshelf Size: 133

Post by abijane115 »

Green Eyes 36 wrote:I'm just starting to get into romance novels. I never used to be. I actually read the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy after much pestering by my cousins and mom last year and I loved it. So much so that I decided to try my hand at writing a romance novel. I'd never written romance before and now that's all I write. I guess I became inspired. I did recently read a series by Meredith Wild called the Hacker Series. It was quite good. I loved the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day, in fact I just started Captivated by You. If anyone has any other romance authors they would recommend I would appreciate it. I'm trying to read more of the genre because I really enjoy it but also because if I'm going to write in the genre I should read more of it as well. Thanks.
Hi, you can check out my bookshelf for some other romance/erotica books :)
There is beauty to be found in every moment.
angelbeats1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbeats1.html
Latest Review: Iran Before . . . by Dennis Briskin

Post by angelbeats1 »

Nicholas Sparks is one hundred percent my all time favorite romance author! I absolutely adore the ways that he ends his books. They are always so unpredictable. I feel like I can easily relate to his characters and the relationships are not too fast paced. Even though he has written many books, they are all good and the story never grows old!
Green Eyes 36

Post by Green Eyes 36 »

abljane115: Who do you have on your bookshelf?
abijane115

Post by abijane115 »

Green Eyes 36 wrote:abljane115: Who do you have on your bookshelf?
I don't know why you're unable to see my bookshelf but some of my recommended romance author are S C Stephens, Olivia Cunning, Terri Anne Browning, Maya Banks, Roxy Sloane and Jay McLean.
Green Eyes 36

Post by Green Eyes 36 »

abljane115: Thank you.
abijane115

Post by abijane115 »

Green Eyes 36 wrote:abljane115: Thank you.
You're welcome :lol: if you click on my bookshelf number are you able to see my books? I tried clicking on yours and it shows 0 books on your shelf but when I try others' I see theirs. I wonder why it's not showing up, that's weird.
StarLight365
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starlight365.html

Post by StarLight365 »

Sherrylin Kenyon is really good, a sfar as romance is concerned. kenyon has a really nice way of writing which appeals to my heart.
Sirisha25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirisha25.html

Post by Sirisha25 »

I have an eclectic taste in books. I adore Regency historical romances especially the ones by Catherine Coulter, Johanna Lindsey, and Stephanie Lauren's. I also love fantasy books by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, and Marion Zimmer Bradley. I also love interracial romances.
mita0526
Currently Reading: Clockwork Angel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mita0526 »

Jennifer Lyon is one of my favorite authors. I love the way she describes certain things. The details she puts in her books, makes you feel like you are part of her story.
Dawn Chandler
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8954">The Dark Lady</a>
Currently Reading: Potent Pleasures
Bookshelf Size: 578
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Dawn Chandler »

I have several favorites when it comes to romance. I like Catherine Coulter (the historicals) Kat Martin and Stephanie Laurens as probably my top three, but it will change throughout the days as something catches my fancy.
Ticia2022
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ticia2022.html

Post by Ticia2022 »

My two favorite authors are J.R. Ward and J.L. Weil.
txmommy13
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-txmommy13.html

Post by txmommy13 »

I love Nora Roberts, but I've stumbled across some fabulous indie authors and "lesser knowns" that I think I might actually love just as much if not more! They write different (clearly) than someone as established in the industry as Nora, but I love the levels of emotion they evoke. Truthfully, i just love a good book!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”