Review of Freefalling

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 354

Re: Review of Freefalling

Post by Tars »

I am really not into modern romance books. In particular, I am not interested in the "Novel of Senior Romance" considering new found by authors standards to include as many as possible scenes of explicit content. I don't even want to try and see if the same pattern applies to senior romance and prefer to pass the book. No offence and still congrats!
Michael Kling
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Michael Kling »

It sounds like an interesting read. Like a realistic Bridges of Madison County
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

I wasn't taken with the style of this book. The descriptions are short and scatty and I don't feel like they always followed on, so I was left quite confused. The idea of senior romance being explored is good, but I couldn't get past the writing.
Ezeani Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezeani-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Clifford's War by J Denison Reed

Post by Ezeani Emmanuel »

In the world at the moment victims of childhood trauma's find it hard to love, because of their past. I love how the author delve in well with this storyline. How a traumatic child became a grown up looking for who to love.
Congrats on being the book of the day.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Diving into senior romance with 'Freefalling: a Novel of Senior Romance' by Eme McAnam. From navigating love in later years to grappling with Lewy Body dementia and the complexities of forgiveness, this book sounds like an intimate exploration of human emotions. Senior readers looking for a tale that resonates might want to check this out! 📖💕 Congratulations on being BOTD!
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 512
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Seniors have a hard time with finding love, but Freefalling shows, through fiction, that it is still possible. The author's knowledge of Lewy Body dementia is also a welcome inclusion in the novel. Thanks for the review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

The author of this novel, Eme McAnam, clearly understood her mission before she went on to write this book. She made sure to write the things that she was deeply aware of, like the effects of Lewy Body dementia and the healing powers of the Celts, and I was intrigued by all of it.
- That is how a book should be written and for that I appreciate it. I'm not a senior(yet) but I'm married & hopefully he is my soulmate. Therefore it tickles my fancy to read this book & see if my relationship has forgiveness, peace, love & trust too. This is a great review. Thank you.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: A Summer with the Hermit King by William Todd
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 96%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

Great review! You stated what you liked and exactly what you didn't like about the book. Louie Body Dementia is a devastating disease. I only learned about it when Robin Williams took his own life when he got it.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Andrea Ivette Padilla
Currently Reading: IslanD-25
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrea-ivette-padilla.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Andrea Ivette Padilla »

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful review of "Freefalling: a Novel of Senior Romance"! 📚💕 Your reflections on the significance of senior romance are beautifully expressed. Indeed, love knows no age limits, and the way this book explores Charlotte's journey toward true love and happiness is both touching and relatable.

Your insights into the author's intentions and the themes she tackled, such as Lewy Body dementia and the healing aspects of the Celts, highlight the depth of the narrative. The emotional connection you felt with the characters, especially in their declarations of soulmate love, speaks to the power of the storytelling.

I appreciate your honesty about the writing style and how it impacted your ability to visualize scenes. Your feedback provides valuable perspective for potential readers. It's great to hear that the book was professionally edited and that, despite the noted writing style, it left a fascinating impression overall.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and for your insightful recommendation to mature readers seeking a novel that delves into the complexities of senior romance.

Happy reading and exploring the intricacies of love's journey! 💖🌹
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

Charlotte was a successful business owner who operated a prosperous 5-star hotel. However, her abusive upbringing took a toll on her as she found relationships difficult. This book is an adventure for her to break this difficult barrier in her life. Thanks for the review.
C Howard
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-howard.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by C Howard »

no way, the buzz, tired and lonely she surrenders to tears.
Congratulations on being BOTD
Elizabeth McNutt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N)
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-mcnutt.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Realms Coloring Book by Carolina Mattos Alvarado and Steven A Ridder
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Elizabeth McNutt »

This review covers some of the issues of dementia, Lewy Body Dementia, and romantic feelings that society has turned off for the over-60 crowd. This gives another dimension of age needs and adjustment a place in the senior aging process. A hearty welcome to a new perspective.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

The book seems interesting and Charlotte's story appears to be really heartwarming. Everyone deserves to be happy and it is never too late for anything as people do everything in their own time and at their own pace. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Chris Agbara »

It's wonderful to see the depth of appreciation you have for "Freefalling: a Novel of Senior Romance" by Eme McAnam. The way the author sensitively explores senior romance, forgiveness, and the complexities of human emotions truly resonated with you. It's evident that the author's understanding of Lewy Body dementia and Celtic healing elements added a unique layer to the story. Your insights into the characters' feelings and the sense of connection you felt demonstrate the novel's impactful storytelling. While the writing style may have posed challenges for you, it's heartening to know that you still found the book fascinating. Your detailed review captures the essence of the novel's themes and its potential to captivate a mature audience seeking stories of love and happiness, regardless of age.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

This seems like an engaging story. It is definitely a unique take on romance, focusing on Charlotte, a senior. It is also enlightening to learn of such ailments like dementia. Must be quiet interesting.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”