Review of Cancer Faith & Butterflies

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Re: Review of Cancer Faith & Butterflies

Post by MoeBrown »

This review tells me that the author put much work in the book to make it a heartfelt and well written book. It shares faith, belief and perseverance through trials and hardships. It makes me emotional thinking of Joey and what he must have gone through losing his parents. Wonderful review! Would love to read the entire thing myself.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Big, Brave Voice by Emily A. Reed

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Joey and his sister has a lot of responsibility to bear due to the untimely death of their parents. Would love to read and know if they achieved a lot with the guidance of Phil their uncle.
Kshitija Sonawane
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

People die all the time but those who really suffer are the ones who they leave behind. The same thing happens in this book as the male lead, a single father, struggles with faith issues. Congratulations on BOTD, and best wishes for future projects.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Never Let Go by Sultan Nasser

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Today's BOTD seems like it focuses more on character development than plot development. Joey sounds like a stand-up guy, and it's great that he found someone that could help him awaken his faith. However, this genre of book doesn't appeal to me, so I'll pass on it.
Loice Akello
Currently Reading: The unfakeable
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loice-akello.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 62%

Post by Loice Akello »

This book is awesome. Brooke's faith in God is put in to test as she battles cancer, she either way remains faithful and encourages Jimmy to walk the same journey of faith with her. Jimmy is an embodiment of vitality and optimism. His infectious zest for life, despite grappling with leukemia, made him stand out as a beacon of resilience. Thank you for your wonderful review.
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

"Cancer, Faith & Butterflies" is a testament to the human spirit's capacity to endure, to find meaning and purpose in adversity, and to embrace life's challenges with courage and grace. Sanchez's story is a beacon of hope and inspiration for anyone facing their own struggles, reminding us all of the healing power of faith, love, and community.
Last edited by Rose Angela on 07 Apr 2024, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Muriuki
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-muriuki.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joe Muriuki »

The book, Cancer, Faith and Butterflies, talks about such trying times that non can know better than someone who has been through such. From the beginning my eyes welled with tears bringing back memories of my own experiences of loss of Mother, my wife and lately my ex-wife who also happened to be the mother of my only son. The reviewer correctly says the book would be a good read for people who have had such experiences. It brings sad memories but reminds us that there are others who have gone through the same and together we stand with those hurting and the cancer survivors.
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Tizzy Wheels, A Holofilm Neurobiology Almanac by Ele May or Alkie Ceolin

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Wow, your review of "Cancer Faith & Butterflies" by Johnny M. Sanchez is incredibly moving. The way you've described Joey's journey and the challenges he faces, especially regarding his beliefs and the impact of cancer, really highlights the depth and emotional complexity of the story. It's inspiring to hear how the characters, particularly Jimmy, embody resilience and optimism despite their struggles.

Your review has definitely piqued my interest in reading the book. The way Sanchez explores the themes of faith, illness, and resilience seems incredibly impactful and thought-provoking. I'm eager to delve into the narrative and experience the emotional journey alongside the characters.

Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt review. I look forward to reading "Cancer Faith & Butterflies" and experiencing the profound storytelling that you've described.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting romance novel following Joey, who inherited his father's construction company after the death of his parents. When he falls in love with a mysterious beautiful woman, will this relationship be the one that helps Joey get over his loss. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

Joey's life took an unexpected turn after the loss of his parents, leaving him with the responsibility of overseeing his father's construction company alongside his sister. Despite lacking experience, he persevered with the invaluable guidance of Phil, whom he affectionately regarded as Uncle Phil.
- This is based on real people and taking on such a task is very admirable. Thank you for a very compelling review.
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

"Cancer Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez" is a nice writing book by the author with alot of emotional senes that capture a readers mind at the beginning of the book the reviewer gave a nice review also. #BOTD
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt and profound review of "Cancer, Faith & Butterflies" by Johnny M. Sanchez. Your description of Joey's journey through loss, love, and facing the challenges of cancer is deeply moving. It's inspiring to hear how Jimmy's character brought a sense of vitality and optimism to the narrative, despite his own battle with leukemia. This book seems to delve into the complexities of faith and resilience in the face of adversity, making it a poignant and relatable read for many. Your recommendation speaks volumes about the impact of this book on readers, and I'm eager to delve into its pages myself.
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny

Post by Amos Osinya »

The review just like the book itself, is emotional and ignites in the reader the preparedness to encounter heart-touching scenes skillfully written by the author. Chapter 1 starts by documenting the story of Jimmy and an ailing woman, who has been sick for some time now. These elites in me the urge to know how the entire story ended.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The narrative appears to explore the intricacies of relationships, both familial and romantic, as well as the internal struggles one faces when confronting mortality and belief systems. It seems like a compelling story that delves into deep emotional and philosophical terrain, offering readers an opportunity for reflection and introspection.
Dammy_Reuben
Favorite Book: The Last Thing He Told Me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dammy-reuben.html
Latest Review: If... and other stories by Claire Frieze
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Dammy_Reuben »

Life can be full of several levels of challenges. It takes faith to overcome a lot of them. Joey's fears are understandable because losing one's parents is one of the most difficult experience in life and it leaves a scar that time can only soothe but never heal. I am happy he found love and better still a woman of faith!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”