Fifty Shades of Grey

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saritasoni263
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Fifty Shades of Grey

Post by Saritasoni263 »

Heyy guys i am new at this but I'd like to share my opinion on the book 'bared to you' which I've read after reading fifty shades i really liked fifty but guess i like bared to you better than fifty where Christian is a control freak in a first book and he kind of acts like a he'd losed his edge in third book
jamibozz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamibozz.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by jamibozz »

I bought the trilogy on a whim a awhile since Amazon had all three for a bundle price. I tried getting into the first one, since I love steamy romance novels, but I just couldn't fully get with it. I had no problem watching the movies, but the first book just didn’t catch my eye like I wanted it too. Been thinking about trying again now that the movie craze is over.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

The books were way better than the movies. I believe its the BDSM lifestyle that actually caused the controversial debates regarding the content.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Jreyes250

Post by Jreyes250 »

This book is such much better than the movie. You have to read it is about love,passion and seductive. You will enjoy it just give it a try and ig you dont like it you can just stop reading:)
Akshara99

Post by Akshara99 »

The book is far more better than the movie as movies can't describe everything a book could do. The movie looks too dramatic but the book is fully erotic and sensual. And its a great triology that gives you great moments of love.
Fernanda1999

Post by Fernanda1999 »

Fifty shades of grey
Fifty shades of grey is about a romantic/sexy/dominant kind of story
In which a young girl called Anna and a rich successful young man called christian fall in love. This love has lead to an unexpected love/lust desire for both of them
Dwoods

Post by Dwoods »

The Fifty Shades Of Grey trilogy... where can I possibly begin?
First off, the books are way better than the movies. EL James offers readers insights into 2 very different characters, delving into their backgrounds and upbringing, their personality traits and lifestyles and their personal issues.

We meet Anastasia, a 20 something year old English Literature student. She’s very innocent, virginal and sweet. She has absolutely no experience with dating or sexual relationships. However, when she meets Business CEO Christian Grey, her eyes are widened and her world suddenly becomes less sheltered and simple.

I love the way the book captures Christian’s character. He had a rough upbringing, which was very abusive and neglectful, which has really shaped his personality. He’s emotionally unavailable and very strict with Ana in the first book. He enjoys being a dominant and seeks Ana as a submissive in which to share his BDSM lifestyle with.

As these 2 characters begin their complicated and somewhat kinky relationship, they face many difficulties. Ana struggles with the fact that she can’t get too close to Christian, she isn’t even able to touch him! (Due to the abuse he received as a child). Whereas, Christian struggles to emphasise with the fact that Ana is having reservations about the nature of their relationship and is wanting to make compromises.

As the book goes on, Ana starts getting close to Christian, asking questions about why he’s a dominant and why he is the way he is. This frustrates Christian greatly and he starts pushing her away near the end of the first book.

The pair end up in a frustrated discussion, where Anastasia naively challenges Christian to show her how bad the punishments in a BDSM relationship can get.

Afterwards, she is shocked and hurt, whilst also disgusted by the way he can behave and what gives him pleasure. She professes that she has fallen in love with him and is heartbroken that he doesn’t admit to feeling the same way.

At the end of the book, she leaves him and acts cold on her way out. This shocks Christian, who is visibly upset and very much in denial about his feelings about Anastasia.

I love this ending to the first book! It’s a massive cliffhanger and makes you desperate to pick up the second book in the series (fifty shades darker), to see whether they can work through their differences and rekindle.
Hope805

Post by Hope805 »

The book is honestly really good just like the movie, I am a big fan of romance so this was definitely a good book for me
Jrsikes2020

Post by Jrsikes2020 »

Never got to read the books. I seen the movies but I think the books are do much better and more understanding.
siusantos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Post by siusantos »

I've read all of the books in the series, and I kind of agree with the other members here. Yes, it's erotica with lots of sex scenes involved. And yes, the author made up this man who will never be a true person. And I agree that after awhile, the novelty wears off. The scenes become repetitive.
Queen Minace

Post by Queen Minace »

It is about alot of sex however u have to read it bc u have to get the feel of it trust me u won't put it down just to get the last book and be like wow... Get the book its very good. Its bout a rich business man and a student that is doing a report on the man and find herself falling ... Etc
Preciousj

Post by Preciousj »

The book is about loss of control. It’s about new awaking to something you know nothing about. It about seeing something you don’t like and finding a way to change it and not letting change you. Yes it’s erotic and dangerous.
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

Probably reading the synopsis will tell you what its actually about.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
RRS1980

Post by RRS1980 »

Great book, actually better than the movie. I thought it captured the readers interest from beginning to end.
Last edited by RRS1980 on 12 Apr 2020, 14:41, edited 2 times in total.
Ayrab97

Post by Ayrab97 »

Am this was the first time I actually read this love story but from my point of view this story actually gives an image of what love really feels like but apart from that it's not bad

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”