Romance novels you just couldn't put down

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lil_nogets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Romance novels you just couldn't put down

Post by lil_nogets »

hOLY- I can't stop being obsessed with "our chemical hearts". the most realistic romance novel I've read till date.
TasiWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tasiwin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by TasiWin »

Zdempsey wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 07:29 For me, if I book doesn't consume me I normally don't finish them. Right now the After series is taking up all my time, it is a surprise novel that at first seems to be a cliche love story but turns into something much more twisted and complicated then I ever would have thought, always somehow keeping me interested and annoyed yet addicted at the same time.

I think personally novels like the Great Gatsby or The Alchemist are beautiful, stimulating and incredible novels that I adore, but they don't give me the same level of engagement than series such as After, or A Court of Thornes and Roses.
I wish I could do that. Not finishing a book that I don't find interesting. most times I continue to the end, which takes forever. aargh, sit is so annoying
TasiWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tasiwin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by TasiWin »

Sdoe wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 16:15 I could not find any of their books or dialogue about them in the forums, but I really enjoy most of Ivy Smoak and Lucia Jordan's work. Are Romance and Erotica considered to be the same genre?
No. They are totally different. A romance can be done without sexual content. The point in writing Erotica, IS the sexual content
Aishwarya Chhabra
Currently Reading: Make The Dirt Fly
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishwarya-chhabra.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Aishwarya Chhabra »

Pepper Winters DOLLAR series was a complete "stick to me till end" kind of romance. I have no legit words to explain its depth. Really awesome.
booker_15
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by booker_15 »

The after series are by far the best series ever
mlh6fn
Currently Reading: Stay Gold
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mlh6fn.html
Latest Review: I Am Unstoppable by Charmaine Marie

Post by mlh6fn »

I became obsessed with Tessa Dare last year, especially her Girl Meets Duke series. I read 6 of her books back to back in a month - I couldn't put them down! They're a good mix of romance, friendship, and steam so there's a little something for everyone.
Mehad3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Mehad3 »

When we collided by Emery Lord was one of the hardest books to put down for me. It's an amazing book truly and the way she described the characters' struggles was really good. It made my heart ache for them. The main female character "Vivi" had bipolar disorder and the main male character "Jonah" had family problems and was somewhat the father for his family. It was so good and I really loved each and every second of it ❤️
winelover4life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by winelover4life »

Thanks ZDempsey for the review of the After series. I will be checking these out!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Soul in Darkness by Wendy Higgens and Heartless by Marissa Meyer.
(not completely romance, has a touch of other genres)
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
DianneReads
Currently Reading: Business Made Simple
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diannereads.html
Latest Review: High Flying by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DianneReads »

i discovered Nikki Sloane's Blindfold Club series and holy hot :shock2: I literally kept having to stop reading to shout "No!! They aren't going to..!!" in my head :lol: She has a truly incredible way of blending a highly erotic story with characters of depth and complexity- a hard combo to find! A word of warning that she definitely isn't afraid to get into some pretty edgy stuff, so know what you're getting into lol :) That being said, you truly couldn't tell where the story's going and they can be quite suspenseful, so I found myself reading in every spare moment :)
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

I absolutely love Logan Fox. I have such a hard time putting down her books. Although, on the downside, I hate the fact that I can’t put them down. They consume me to the point where I can’t go more than an hour without continuing. I have this problem with many other authors and novels. These types of books are amazing though, so the lack of sleep is definitely worth it.
ObianujuJane
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obianujujane.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by ObianujuJane »

I have quite a lot of novel I just couldn't put down especially the series written by Johanna Lindsey about the Malory Family and The Anderson's.

Also the series Written By C.M Owens About the Sterling Boys really got me in the mood.
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

My biggest problem is being unable to put down any and all romance novels.
Oumousayon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oumousayon »

I can put down romantic novels, and I love Johanna Lindsay books
DianneReads
Currently Reading: Business Made Simple
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diannereads.html
Latest Review: High Flying by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DianneReads »

My first ‘heavier’ on the erotic scale of erotic romance, The Blindfold Club by Nikki Sloane. I was shackled to them, and had to keep stopping reading at moments where it went so far over the edge I was shouting “no they aren’t!!” in my head LOL
That being said, Ms. Sloane is masterful at building character and story, which is what truly made it a stand out series for me. I like my steam, but it has to be well written and believable!
Buyer beware though, lots of edgy and risqué content ;)

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”