Romance novels you just couldn't put down

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dave Manny
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dave-manny.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Icon Romance novels you just couldn't put down

Post by Dave Manny »

Every once in a while you get that one book that doesn't look like much from the cover but when you begin reading it you realize that you are so engaged in the book that its morning of the following day and you don't know where the time went. These books are keepers, so let's hear about the keepers you have found over your reading lifetime.
Zdempsey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zdempsey »

For me, if I book doesn't consume me I normally don't finish them. Right now the After series is taking up all my time, it is a surprise novel that at first seems to be a cliche love story but turns into something much more twisted and complicated then I ever would have thought, always somehow keeping me interested and annoyed yet addicted at the same time.

I think personally novels like the Great Gatsby or The Alchemist are beautiful, stimulating and incredible novels that I adore, but they don't give me the same level of engagement than series such as After, or A Court of Thornes and Roses.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Love and lost Thailand by Stella Knights kept me glued to it that I almost didn't go to sleep.
lilitazu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by lilitazu »

Before we met by Lucie Whitehouse kept me reading all day without realizing that time was passing. It's full of plot twists that I couldn't put it down until I finished it.
Sdoe
Currently Reading:
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sdoe »

I could not find any of their books or dialogue about them in the forums, but I really enjoy most of Ivy Smoak and Lucia Jordan's work. Are Romance and Erotica considered to be the same genre?
jamibozz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamibozz.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by jamibozz »

I usually can put my books down, especially with having a small child. But one series I had trouble putting down was by Laura Thalassa, her horseman’s series. She’s only published two of the four so far but I stayed up all night reading them. I can’t wait for the next installment!!
pengy86
Currently Reading: After Ever Happy (After, #4)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pengy86.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by pengy86 »

I have been leaning towards the sports theme novels. I really liked Samantha Whiskey's hockey series. I also love L.J. Shen's Sinner to Saints series. I am not usually into the bad boys series but hands down it was one I just could not put down.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

So this isn’t a novel I can’t put down but an author in general. Anyone else absolutely love Nora Roberts or is it just me? My Grandma got me hooked on her and Danielle Steele from a pretty young age and now thanks to her I have my own private library of hundreds of their books which is pretty amazing.
Dragon_25_Fly

Post by Dragon_25_Fly »

I read a small excerpt of the Steel Brothers Saga online and the next day I went a found the first 2 books. I began reading the first one and literally could not put it down. I finished all 9 books within a few weeks . I spent many late nights reading only getting a few hours of sleep. I love how Helen Hardt has each book flow into the next one even from book 3 into 4. The back story of the characters and what they endured hit close to home. Amazing series.
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

I enjoy a variety of styles within the romance genre, but one of my all-time favorites is. Baby Love by Catherine Anderson. It's not trendy in the sense that it has vampires, or shifters (books I do enjoy). It's a straightforward romance. But it was so skillfully written--the descriptions so artistic, the characters so sensitively depicted--it's a book that has stayed with me long after having finished it. It consumed my thoughts! LOL

Other books that had a similar effect on me were:

Midnight Angel and Dangerous Lover by Lisa Marie Rice.
Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison.
Dark Prince by Christine Feehan.
Dwoods

Post by Dwoods »

Fifty shades of Grey trilogy and the After book series
sb52068
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518

Post by sb52068 »

The Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day. I was reading through the night until I got through all 5.
zainab-18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by zainab-18 »

I just can't put down anything from LJ Shen and Elle Kennedy. I was also glued to Penelope Douglas' Devil's Night series.
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

For as long as I can remember I've been rereading Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. It's not really marketed as romance (it's a subgenre and not the main thing) but I loved the dynamic between Barrons and Mac. Otherwise, I love Angry God and Vicious by L.J. Shen, some novels by Lisa Kleypas and Larissa Ione, and most of Julia Quinn's books.
Sammy822
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy822.html
Latest Review: Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette

Post by Sammy822 »

I just cannot put down any book by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward. Even if I do not like the plot of one of their books, I'll try to finish reading it in one sitting to get more of the characters' banter and sarcasm.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”