Official Review: The One by Tyler Cook

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Re: Official Review: The One by Tyler Cook

Post by Nisha DSouza »

The One by Tyler Cook is a romantic story between Eli and Christian. I applaud the author for raising awareness about a crucial topic in today's world. The social stigma and attitude towards same-sex relationships are heartbreaking, and as a society, we need to be more accepting and respectful towards all. I would love to know how things progressed with Eli and Christian. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Marijuana Martinis by Liv Hamrick
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Same-sex people relationships are normal in this century. This is the first book of my life that discusses same-sex relations. The characters are amazing. I like the review as it is not biased, though different people may have different opinions. Overall, a great review. Congrats on the BOTD.
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thanks for the great review. Same sex relationships are often frowned upon because they deviate from what has always been considered as normal. I'd like to read this book and see how the author portrays the characters, specifically Eli and Christian, as I think that the portrayal may have some insights on how one becomes gay or discovers that they're gay, and how they go about it in their lives.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for the wonderful review. While this wouldn't be my love story, it still seems like a great love story. I'm glad there aren't any erotic scenes or profanity. I prefer that. Tori seems like a great friend throughout the sample I read and I'm curious to know where Christian disappears to. Glad to hear their parents accept their lifestyles.
Hasani Piyumika Perera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Alpha Buddies Land
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasani-piyumika-perera.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Hasani Piyumika Perera »

'The One' by Tyler Cook is a great story about friendship, love, and dealing with same-sex relationships. It's easy to read and has interesting ways of depicting interactions. Give it a try.
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

Tyler Cook seems to be a talented romance story writer and has focused here on same sex relationship exploring the contemporary issues related to it. You have written the review so well without giving away too much. Congratulations Tyler on the botd!
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

Excellent review, really well written and informative.
The fact that same-sex couples are featured in romance books is something I think is really important, since it feels like we can finally stop dividing people based only on their sexual orientation.
A flawless book is also fantastic and greatly contributes to the experience of the reader.
The book's cover is the only thing I don't really get, given that I can't totally relate to the plot.
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It sounds like a pretty cool LGBTQ+ book and I am interested to find out what happens after their lunch date. I look forward to reading it. Thank you for your review.
Ari Martinez
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Post by Ari Martinez »

I've always enjoyed romance novels, but I'm not sure about this one. I wish I knew more about the "adventure and drama" that the author added to the story because I think that would have convinced me to read it. The story seems nice, but other than Christian rejecting Eli at first, there doesn't seem to be any other type of drama in their relationship, or is there? Anyway, thanks for the review.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3073
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Circle of Innocents by Stephen D. Curtis

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It is good to read that Eli and Tori's friendship is inspiring; friendship is something that I always appreciate in books. It seems that the author indeed wanted to focus on the primary characters, which is a good choice as well. Many thanks for the review. I am going to skip this, though.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 68%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“The One’ by Tyler Cook is a story about same-sex relationships. I am ok with these relationships since I believe in live and let live. Eli and Tori went to the same high school and sixteen years later they both found employment at the Arcade Hut. They became best friends and Eli confided in Tori that he was gay and Tori told him she would help find him the man of his dreams. Using the POF website Eli found Christian Lance, another member of his high school class, he invited Christian on a date and they had a wonderful time. Unfortunately Eli wanted the relationship to move to a new level and Christian was not interested. Four years later after they graduated from the university Eli ran into Christian while working at the Arcade and they did not acknowledge each other. Later that week Eli received a call from Christian who invited him to a lunch date. One needs to read the book to learn if Eli accepted and did they re-start their relationship. Very good review.
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by RomanceBound T »

I liked how thoroughly you've written your review. This sounds like one hell of a book and something that I'd definitely read. I agree that it takes a lot of courage to come out as gay. Kudos to the author for writing such a gripping book.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: The Complete Guide To Gym Exercise by PRT Endeavors
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Damian Keyes »

It's important for every love story, it does not matter if it's a straight or gay relationship, should be told. I'm always open to a romance novel, especially one where the love is forbidden and you get to watch the characters develop and grow in love. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
Tommy Mayengbam
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommy-mayengbam.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Tommy Mayengbam »

I'm not against same-sex relationships, but I've often pondered the dynamics involved in such relationships.

Questions arise, such as how individuals in these relationships communicate, spend time together, and what sets them apart from the two closest friends hanging out.

Perhaps this book will help me find the answers to some of those.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: The Tunnel of Litora Falls by Suzanne A Smith

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

The review provided comprehensive insights, highlighting the book's compelling plot that delves into sensitive aspects of same-sex relationships. Applause to the author for tackling such a delicate storyline.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”