Official Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Official Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by ritah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is more than meets the eye in Onyx Gold’s steamy romance novel, Chameleon. Everyone isn’t what they seem, and everyone isn’t who they say they are. What begins as a sweet romantic encounter becomes complicated. On the other side of the pond, what starts as a thrilling attraction quickly turns deadly.

Chameleon’s enthralling and sometimes erotic tale has a nice balance of romance, suspense, and crime. Are you in for the wild ride? If so, buckle up and get ready to be thrusted into a world full of lust (titillating and passionate sensual scenes), romantic love, family drama, betrayal, and even murder!

Having sworn off love, Zia Lennox sets her sights on making the most out of her career as a literary agent. Things start looking up for her when she receives an exceptionally well-written, dark crime thriller novel from a mysterious aspiring author. Back at her office building, though, she finds a deep alluring attraction to the new, handsome, and charming investment attorney, Bryce Fink. However, the more she communicates with the mysterious author, the more she’s drawn to him by his charm and their seemingly genuine connection. Despite her anxieties and reservations on love, she eventually finds herself entangled in a messy love triangle. Both men have their own deep secrets and dark pasts (one more sinister than the other’s). Whose past and secrets could prove to be Zia’s undoing? Will Zia be able to untangle herself from the web of lies she spun?

Author Onyx Gold masterfully spins a riveting, fast-paced tale full of evocative descriptions. Though the narrative is written in the third person, the focus switches between the worlds of the two main characters. On one hand, you get the front-row seat to Zia’s life and those she interacts with; on the other hand, you take a deep dive into the homicidal, manic thoughts of a serial killer. The well fleshed-out, convincing characters were complemented by the immersive and skillfully crafted atmosphere. One of my favorite supporting characters was Jazz; she’s the kind of friend everyone needs through the ups and downs of life. I especially appreciated the natural chemistry and interactions between the characters, whether it was in a romantic setting, genuine friendship, or even with a nemesis. Of course, the characters weren’t perfect; some of Zia’s traits irked me. I sometimes wondered how she often missed seeing the obvious. I also didn’t like the attitude and judgments she had toward wealthy people.

The lively dialogue, effortless humor, and dramatic scenes kept me glued to the pages while the ever-rising tension had me on the edge of my seat. The unanticipated plot twists in the characters' relationships and serial killer's plans kept me intrigued and disturbed by the revelations at times. In addition to the excellent writing and captivating storyline, the book appeared to be professionally edited; I only encountered minimal errors. It goes without saying that the book contains vivid descriptions of violence and sexual content and is thus most suitable for a mature audience.

Fans of romance and dark crime will enjoy this novel. I award this captivating read a much-deserved 4 out of 4 stars. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

Chameleons
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
xoxoAnushka
Favorite Book: "Better dead than divorced"
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xoxoanushka.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by xoxoAnushka »

I do love complicated love stories, but I also hate love triangles. Your review was too nice, too enjoyable.
Salma_asa
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-asa.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by Salma_asa »

Though romance is my typical genre, this book sounds intriguing and thrilling. I am eager to read this. Great review!
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death&nbsp;
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

This sounds like a fun book. I love books that include "effortless humor." :D I think I'm going to take a pass, though. I loathe love triangles as someone always gets hurt. Thanks for your review, though. If the author is that good, I'm going to check out some of her other books.
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
Lisacuevas070+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lisacuevas070+ »

This book sounds more off, cannot put this book down.. I am scoped on getting my hands on it
Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy747.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Amy747 »

I dislike love triangles but I do enjoy romance, humour and plot twists. The book sounds well written though.
Marty_Kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marty-kelly.html
Latest Review: Genetic Spurn - The Reality? by M. R. Coates - Rutgers Univ. GSM

Post by Marty_Kelly »

It's obvious from your review that you enjoyed the book, and since I enjoy reading your review, I know I'd surely enjoy the book as well especially since you mentioned that it has "effortless humor" that's something lacking in some books these days. Nice review.
asuccintbeta
Favorite Book: Legally Bound
Currently Reading: Something About Ann
Bookshelf Size: 1081
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asuccintbeta.html
Latest Review: Must Love Spankings by Tina Sumley

Post by asuccintbeta »

Although love triangles can be a bit messy this book sounds like something I could get into. Thanks for the review.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

This sounds both dark and enticing. Sometimes romance goes hand in hand with danger and that sounds very much the case here.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

The discripiton of this book online had me. This is totally something that I would read in a day. Great review.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing Romantic thriller story with suspense, crime, romantic love, family drama, betrayal, murder, and descriptive sensual scenes. The book has a free sample on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review. Congrats @CayellePub on the BOTD selection.
abelfrank
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abelfrank »

With the comments by other users, the book might sound interesting I can't wait to start reading it thanks author
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Romance is really not my kind of stuff, but I see that there's more, which can be interesting for a broader audience. Thank you for your informative review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Azokamchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azokamchi.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Azokamchi »

This book sounds as interesting as I can imagine. The mix of effortless humor, crime, and love triangle seems intriguing enough for me. I'm already looking forward to a good read. Thanks for a great review, ritah.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The story revolves around a love triangle in which the protagonist of this story finds herself entangled in a sinister web.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”