Official Review: Ramona's Man by D. L. Yoder

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Re: Official Review: Ramona's Man by D. L. Yoder

Post by Edwin Amah »

So this is a a typical romance Novel. But the good thing is it tries to create a bridge to mend the social class distance in the society. I enjoyed the fact that Ramona insisted on proving to her family that she can only be with who she wants not considering the social class distance. Great review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Edwin Amah wrote: 31 May 2020, 15:30 So this is a a typical romance Novel. But the good thing is it tries to create a bridge to mend the social class distance in the society. I enjoyed the fact that Ramona insisted on proving to her family that she can only be with who she wants not considering the social class distance. Great review.
This was an interesting theme brought in the story. Love is, indeed, blind and grows with giving. Thanks so much for your thoughtful comment!
erla
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erla.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by erla »

I love these kind of romance stories! Even more that the author added a twist of mystery and based on the review, I think there'd be a lot of moral lessons to learn concerning social inequality. Though highlighting difference in social status is common in romance novels, I like to think that this book still has good content in store for readers. Great review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Pilapiletla wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 02:43 I love these kind of romance stories! Even more that the author added a twist of mystery and based on the review, I think there'd be a lot of moral lessons to learn concerning social inequality. Though highlighting difference in social status is common in romance novels, I like to think that this book still has good content in store for readers. Great review!
So true! It takes skill for the author to base the story on a common theme and still present it in a novel way that you aren't expecting. The surprises made the book that much more intriguing and enjoyable! Thanks so much for reading and commenting.
Khristian Misola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khristian-misola.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Khristian Misola »

Wow, what unique plot! it seems like something that can happen in real life but I never really encountered this kind of story. Most of the 'rich meets poor' troupe are written so redundantly that you would have an idea of how it will go but this one makes me think I will cry just by reading it.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Khristian Misola wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 21:49 Wow, what unique plot! it seems like something that can happen in real life but I never really encountered this kind of story. Most of the 'rich meets poor' troupe are written so redundantly that you would have an idea of how it will go but this one makes me think I will cry just by reading it.
I was surprised by the twist the author gave to this story. I was thinking, "Oh, how interesting. I wasn't expecting that!" I hope you will enjoy this fascinating story. It will keep you interested and thinking. - Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :-)
Siber
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siber.html

Post by Siber »

It sounds interesting that there is a mystery and Romance at the same time. But the main thing on the romance novel and books are challenges for lovers. So that the readers won't feel bores by the twists, when it came suddenly. My main point is that after they got together there should be some obstacles to tear them apart but at the end they end together by passing all. Which will increase the interest among people and last thing there should be some love rivals as well as a love triangle.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Siber wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 00:37 It sounds interesting that there is a mystery and Romance at the same time. But the main thing on the romance novel and books are challenges for lovers. So that the readers won't feel bores by the twists, when it came suddenly. My main point is that after they got together there should be some obstacles to tear them apart but at the end they end together by passing all. Which will increase the interest among people and last thing there should be some love rivals as well as a love triangle.
This author did a superb job of creating unique obstacles for Ramona. Thanks for your thoughtful comments! :-)
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

This sounds like romance that heals. I love it! Shame about the errors. Hope the editing will clear them up. Thanks for a wonderful review.
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Kenesha L Fowler wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 04:38 This sounds like romance that heals. I love it! Shame about the errors. Hope the editing will clear them up. Thanks for a wonderful review.
It is a refreshing and entertaining story. I hope you will give it a try. Thanks for commenting!
Amari R
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amari R »

I really enjoyed the story line yes there are some thing to work on like the grammar, but the romance was there and the mystery makes a person want to read more.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Amari R wrote: 17 Jun 2020, 13:14 I really enjoyed the story line yes there are some thing to work on like the grammar, but the romance was there and the mystery makes a person want to read more.
I hope you will have an opportunity to read this book. The mystery keeps your brain thinking, and the romance warms your heart! Thanks for commenting.
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

This sounds like a really good book! Not simply revolving around romance and revenge but recovery and healing as well.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

yapashley wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 03:37 This sounds like a really good book! Not simply revolving around romance and revenge but recovery and healing as well.
It was an enjoyable read. I hope it will keep your interest as well! The author did an excellent job of adding new aspects to the story to keep me turning the pages! Thanks for commenting.
joenduga12
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joenduga12.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by joenduga12 »

I do enjoy romantic novels too, especially the ones that are clean. Romana's story intrigued me. A moving story that is full of emotions. I will add this book to my shelf.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”