Review: Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AngiEreadeR37
Currently Reading: Demon Hunted
Bookshelf Size: 11

Review: Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare

Post by AngiEreadeR37 »

This is the first volume of Tessa Dare's Castles Ever After adult historical romance series.

There's a lady, there's a beast, there's a scary property and all it's lacking is a curse and a rose garden to be Beauty and The Beast. That's what I thought at first but it ends with the scarred man being a beast and the beautiful lady being, well, Beauty.

Izzy is alone and homeless, she undervalues herself, and all she has a feel pennies and the stories her name is known for. And not as a writer. When she inherits the Gostley Castle - a name one can change to a couple of more appropriate ones - not even sharing it with a very rude Duke is enough to scare her away.

Of course, to the Duke, it's not sharing if he owns the castle, and whatever transaction made Izzy think she can move it he's ready to prove was wrong. But then, except for one man who's losing patience and one vicar's daughter who thinks he can't hear when she whispers in his presence, Miss Goodnight is his only help figuring out why and how did his property fall into her hands, from the ends of the recently dead man. All he knows is he's alive, therefore he's still the Duke of Gostley Castle, and he's too damaged, both physically and emotionally, to ever let anyone actually help.

So what's it going to be? Isolde Goodnight is refusing to be scared or intimidated by the big, scarred Duke and he's less and less able to resist the woman who has an odd choice of pet and hair like an octopus - his words.

Soon enough, the problems, old and new, bring them closer together, no matter how hard they try to keep their distance from each other. No matter the falls, falling rocks, and human bones found they get closer and closer together.

But Izzy is haunted by the stories her father has written, by brotherhood from made-up worlds of book pages, and the Duke can't help but haunt himself. Will they fight together and or keep hiding apart?

It was a pleasure to find out. Tessa colors the old times a very original shade, that way I don't only think of lack of females standing up for each other and men domineering everything from left to right, top to bottom, and how marriages and children are a convenience. In her stories - if I were a little less of a feminist I am - I almost wish I lived them, there, then.
Sammy822
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy822.html
Latest Review: Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette

Post by Sammy822 »

I have never read any book of Tessa Dare, but after reading your review I'm looking forward to reading her novels.
T-Praise+Oluwatoyin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by T-Praise+Oluwatoyin »

Romancing the Duke
She always hid and under estimated herself
Izzy lives alone after the death of her father trying her best to fit in as the characters of his novel,she was gifted a house by someone not too known.
He had never met her before and she claims his castle is hers,he is a scarred Duke but at least he knows what he owns.
Will he give in or will she move out

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”