Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Re: Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I do think the Crossfire series is a much better choice. The characters seem more multidimensional, the plot is less focused on sex (very narrow margin) and it all seems more mature.
Sammy822
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy822.html
Latest Review: Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette

Post by Sammy822 »

I am currently reading Bared To You. I usually can't commit to series because the second book won't be as good as the first one and I'll be disappointed. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen with this series.
TasiWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tasiwin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by TasiWin »

indiereader wrote: 02 Oct 2013, 18:16 Hi everyone!
Let me be candid and say when I first picked up this book, I thought it was going to be a remake of Fifty Shades and boy was I wrong! Gideon Cross is not Christian Grey by any means. I haven't read anything this good in a while. I was transfixed! My life literally was put on hold while I read this story. I loved the fact the characters in the story were real people with real problems, and just like us had to fight to keep their relationship intact. I also liked the inspiration it gives to those who have undergone abuse in the past and the fact that though both main characters are wealthy, they still had to go through relationship drama that most of us do. I highly recommend it if you haven't read this yet!
I also love how realistic the characters were. And despite thw wealth they still went through life as any other person would
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

The reason I swing towards crossfire compared to fifty shades Is because of the bargage the characters in crossfire had.

I felt their issues were bigger, considering they were both victims of sexual abuse and they both had triggers they had 5o overcome for their relationship to work out.
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

I also feel like Gideon was infinitely hotter than Grey :D

That aside, Eva was more likeable to me. She knew herself, knew what she wanted and I found myself admiring her.
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

Sammy822 wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 04:59 I am currently reading Bared To You. I usually can't commit to series because the second book won't be as good as the first one and I'll be disappointed. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen with this series.
I guarantee that won't happen. You will be hooked tothe last word in the last book.
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

Octonauts wrote: 27 May 2016, 02:29 Crossfire series has finally come to an end. It's a bittersweet moment for me. I love this series. However, I do feel that the ending is a bit too rush. I must agree that the waiting for the next book in the series is really frustrating. Now that Sylvia Day will start a new series, I hope it will be as good as Crossfire.
I was lucky I started the firstbook after they were all out. itried reading it soon after Fifty Shades, but the similarities didn't do it do me.

I am glad I gave it a second chance. I agree the last book felt too rushed, like she was trying to prevent the story from needing ankther book.
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

TasiWin wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 06:26
Octonauts wrote: 27 May 2016, 02:29 Crossfire series has finally come to an end. It's a bittersweet moment for me. I love this series. However, I do feel that the ending is a bit too rush. I must agree that the waiting for the next book in the series is really frustrating. Now that Sylvia Day will start a new series, I hope it will be as good as Crossfire.
I was lucky I started the firstbook after they were all out. itried reading it soon after Fifty Shades, but the similarities didn't do it do me.

I am glad I gave it a second chance. I agree the last book felt too rushed, like she was trying to prevent the story from needing ankther book.
I thought I would get to meet Eva's aunt and was so dissapointed the book just abruptly ended
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

hsimone wrote: 07 Oct 2015, 17:22 I believe the fourth book is already out, Captivated by You.

When I first read the books, I also fell in love with them! When I received the fourth book in this series as a gift, I decided to re-read the first three. However, by the time I was near the end of the fourth one, I was getting a little bit tried of reading the same thing over again. Next time, I might have to take a little break in between, I think.
When rereading the series, especially when bingeing, I alwsys skip the first few pages cause of the repetition
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

khudecek wrote: 24 Oct 2015, 10:42 I've been angry with Sylvia Day for a long time and I know from posts on other sites, that I am not alone. It's not that her writing is bad because it isn't. It isn't that Gideon Cross is such a bad guy. He isn't. It's the fact that she makes her readers wait so long between books. Between the conclusion of the third book and the release of the fourth, it was 18 months! I'd read 60 books during that time and I'd forgotten almost everything that had happened in the Crossfire series and had to go back and read all of the books again.

The third book was less than satisfying. If it hadn't been for Gideon getting his two cents in, it would have been a blunder and a 3-star read at best. Getting his point of view saved that book as far as I'm concerned. I think I gave it 3-stars when I reviewed it.

Then rumors start that the fifth and final book was going to be out in June of 2015. Then it was said we wouldn't have to wait "as long" for the fifth book. I read the last book on November 24, 2014. Well, here I am again waiting.

Every now and then, Day throws out a snippet as if we're starving animals desperate for a morsel of food. I find that to be egotistical on her part and insulting to her readers.

In my opinion, she should have had at least half of the next novel done before she released the previous one, if not had the entire series done and ready for release at timed intervals.

She's not that great and I'm not the only one who is angry. I know after I read the final book, I will never read another thing she writes.
I have heard this complaint so many times. I am just glad I started AFTER the last book was out. So she still remains in my good graces
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

Aussie wrote: 04 Feb 2016, 21:26 The crossfire a series is amazing. Can't wait for the final one to come out! I love GC!
I feel you. I love him GC too. Sigh
TasiWin
Currently Reading:

Post by TasiWin »

Hendmosaad89 wrote: 11 Feb 2014, 12:17 At first i liked this series alot. I thought it wasnt similar to fifty and the plot and characters are good so far. But then the third came out and suddenly i want to return it. Oh god it was just awful. I was extremly disapointed in day.
that i decided i wont read the fourth unless i read lots and lots and lots of good reviews that would maybe make me think about reading it.
I also did not much enjoy the 3rd but the fact that it was written from Gideon's POV sort of saved it for me. Were you able to complete the rest of the series?
Macaly Walk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Macaly Walk »

I absolutely love this book. I never read anything as good as this.
Chali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chali.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chali »

When I first read it, it was just after I had finished the fifty series. I couldn't read it with all the similarities.

A few months down the line, I couldn't get enough. I still need my Gideon fix every now and then. I can't compare the two series they are worlds apart
The_Mystical_Read
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by The_Mystical_Read »

I read bared to you and boy I was hooked... I've read nothing like this.. The characters are strong and brave and fierce. Everything is perfect and not a single chapter in Crossfire series is boring or not good enough, I hung on to every single word. Eva is so strong, she knows herself, she battled her own demons whilst fighting for Gideon's. This is a perfect read.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”