Review of Tempted by the Night by Elizabeth Boyle

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
K-katastrophe3
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Remembrance by Jude Deveraux
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-katastrophe3.html
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti
fav_author_id: 3137

Review of Tempted by the Night by Elizabeth Boyle

Post by K-katastrophe3 »

Hermione Marlowe is seen as part of a mad, eccentric family. Though not that she sees herself as such. Though much to her vexation, she is unseen by the one man she is determined to have, loved from afar. Lord Rockhurst is his name. A handsome devil believed to be the worst of rakes, caring for nothing but pleasure and gambling his nights away. But Hermione refuses to believe the rumors of her beloved.
Lord Rockhurst cares little of what society thinks of him, for he has a greater calling, and must protect his secret with all he has, the truth of what he does in the shadows of the night. Until the night a mysterious woman comes into the shadows and saves his life. The need to protect his secret is strong, but the want to share it even more so. Who is this mysterious woman that helps him, tempts him, and yet refuses to reveal herself to him? She is someone that he cannot resist or order away no matter how much he tries.

As I began to read this novel, I was a bit skeptical. It sounded like a 'hard-core' romance, with little else to deliever. Though, to my surprise, it was much more. Something definitely drew me in.

One thing I really enjoyed about this book where the characters. Two people seeming so different, from opposite backgrounds, so totally draw together in the shadows of the night. Hermione is strong willed, determined, and surprisingly courageous. She spends her life in the background yet standing out because of her strange ways. She does not seem the courageous type (even she does not think so) until the moment is upon her to be. In the end she becomes a better, stronger, and more outgoing person. On the other hand there is Lord Rockhurst. Strong willed and determined to keep everyone out, no matter what. He has to go through trials and unlikely events, even for him, in order for him to see that he must trust someone else, even someone who wont reveal themselves. They are and odd couple, but one full of sparking chemistry. This book is definitely one that was hard to put down.

The author made the story flow from left the right. Throwing in surprises and twists making it a huge page turner. I don't think I could be more happy with the turn out. It was exciting, adventurous, and sexy. It was fun to read and you wont want to put it down until you have finished it through.
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”