Official Review: From Grief to Miracles by Richard Foley

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayora
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayora.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Official Review: From Grief to Miracles by Richard Foley

Post by Ayora »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Grief to Miracles" by Richard Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The pain of losing a loved one in death can reach deep into the bones. It can send a grieving partner to the depths of depression. Often, these dark feelings are hard to put into words. In From Grief to Miracles by Richard Foley, the author describes what it feels like to lose a soulmate.

This book is an elegy written in memory of Richard's wife, Patricia. Richard had met Patricia at a very low point in her life. They bonded, got married, and made many achievements in life. Sadly, Patricia got diagnosed with cancer in 1992.

There are thirty-two poems in this book. The grieving tones of the first thirteen poems give way to the hopeful tones of the next nineteen poems. Richard employs a subtle play on words to produce poems that are touching and emotional. Although the rhymes in the poems do not follow a set pattern, they certainly created a pleasant effect in each poem. An excerpt from the poem titled What is Love? is 'Love is our essence, our whole presence.' My favorite poem Is I Fought. This poem describes Richard's feelings about the loss of his dear wife in vivid words and melodic rhymes. The part where he said 'I almost lost my mind' reminds me of the feelings I had when I lost a beloved family member in death. Overall, the moods of the poems were spot on.

The poems which were written in praise of Patricia show her to be industrious, determined, supportive, and a woman of strong character. If is one of the poems that were written to extol virtues and to teach morals. A cherished line that I would always remember from this poem is 'If you want to win, treat criticizing others as a sin.' However, I have some reservations about the shape of some poems in this book. For instance, in the poem titled Lord, I observed assonance. Yet, the poem seems to be a bit unstructured. However, this is an exception rather than the rule.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The poems flow smoothly, and literary devices were employed. The text was professionally edited, and there are lessons to learn from the poems. I would recommend this book to those who are grieving for the loss of a loved one, and to those who are struggling with pain or depression. Richard's experience can aid their healing process.

From Grief to Miracles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Wekesa Namuyonga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wekesa-namuyonga.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Wekesa Namuyonga »

I love poetry and with this review it fills like i am going to enjoy this book. I would live to see how Richard helps in the healing process of depression.
Great review.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Loosing someone, like a soulmate or parent, can be quite devastating. Richard did well to let it out in writing - a whopping 32 poems. Thank you for your excellent review ๐Ÿ‘
Eddy E
Currently Reading: In the Meantime
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: Sena's Black Ross by Linda k jones

Post by Eddy E »

It's never easy losing a loved one, yet again to openly speak to about them. I do believe writing is a form of expressing what words cannot say.
The review is so touching
Ayora
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayora »

Wekesa Namuyonga wrote: โ†‘17 Dec 2020, 14:13 I love poetry and with this review it fills like i am going to enjoy this book. I would live to see how Richard helps in the healing process of depression.
Great review.
I believe you will enjoy it. Thanks for reading through the review.
Ayora
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayora »

RHD wrote: โ†‘17 Dec 2020, 16:28 Loosing someone, like a soulmate or parent, can be quite devastating. Richard did well to let it out in writing - a whopping 32 poems. Thank you for your excellent review ๐Ÿ‘
I appreciate your comments. Thanks.
Ayora
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayora »

Eddy E wrote: โ†‘18 Dec 2020, 04:40 It's never easy losing a loved one, yet again to openly speak to about them. I do believe writing is a form of expressing what words cannot say.
The review is so touching
Yes, writing is an expression of the heart. Thanks for your commendation.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

Death is an enemy, which can cause lasting pain. I would love to have a copy of this book.
Tayejim1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayejim1.html
Latest Review: Manning Up:(PoesyEssays Of Women's Interest) by Mr.Bigmann Grier

Post by Tayejim1 »

There are so many sweet memories of dead loved ones. This is a good book to read. Thanks
Ayora
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayora »

Teele wrote: โ†‘20 Dec 2020, 01:02 Death is an enemy, which can cause lasting pain. I would love to have a copy of this book.
It really can cause lasting pain. I hope you do get a copy of this book. Thanks for stopping by.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

I can observe the loss of beloved ones very keenly. So I am feeling sad after reading your review because I am also remembering the loss of my deaf loved ones.
Ayora
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayora »

Fozia RYK wrote: โ†‘20 Dec 2020, 07:01 I can observe the loss of beloved ones very keenly. So I am feeling sad after reading your review because I am also remembering the loss of my deaf loved ones.
Oh dear, accept my sympathies and thanks for stopping by.
Teele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: More Hype Than Glory by Tom Hyde

Post by Teele »

Ayora wrote: โ†‘20 Dec 2020, 05:39
Teele wrote: โ†‘20 Dec 2020, 01:02 Death is an enemy, which can cause lasting pain. I would love to have a copy of this book.
It really can cause lasting pain. I hope you do get a copy of this book. Thanks for stopping by.
I vividly remember when I lost my uncle some years back, it was a very sad time for me. Only time can heal the wound of loss.
Vloraa+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vloraa+ »

I like reading and im interested in this book im also in the process of improving my english so it would be very nice to get this book
Thanks
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your informative review. Looks like this collection of poems, filled with grief and hope, would depict some beautiful aspects of love and life.

Return to โ€œRomance and Erotic Booksโ€