Official Review: Remembering Hope by Parastoo Rezai

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nivedita BookBee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivedita-bookbee.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Re: Official Review: Remembering Hope by Parastoo Rezai

Post by Nivedita BookBee »

I read the sample version of the book and I found it very intriguing and I couldn't stop reading it so I will definitely try it out. The story feels really wholesome and characters are also very likeable! It's a great book which deals with uncertainty of life and pain but also the wholesome moments that make life what it really is.
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury

Post by revathy sw »

This book sounds like it's going to be an emotional roller coaster. I'm usually wary about reading such distressing books as I have a really low threshold for emotional pain, but from the review it sounds like there will be equal amounts of love, faith and hope to balance out and mitigate the pain.

The review gives a really good insight into the characters without giving away too much. Rezai's Remembering Hope also appeals to me as a potential future read because of its strong female protagonist Bahar as well as its portrayal of the rich Iranian culture. Thank you for the amazing review.
Bernard Udofia
Favorite Author: Biz Stone
Currently Reading: Things a Little Bird Told Me: Confessions of the Creative Mind
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernard-udofia.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright
fav_author_id: 72309

Post by Bernard Udofia »

I keep wondering how much grief Bahar had to go through. It's inspiring that she kept going. Many people are going through stuff like this in real life and will be inspired by this story.
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

There's no doubt that this will be a heart-wrenching book to get through, but I appreciate the undertones of love and hope which will fill readers with inspiration. Those dealing with grief will definitely connect to these characters and grow along with them. Congrats on the BOTD selection!
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I love to read inspiring stories. based on the reviews, this looks like a heartwarming and really inspiring book. I hope this can being back the light I lost. Thank you so much. This is amazing.
Akshata7500
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Akshata7500 »

I loved the review very much. While I was reading I felt like Bahar and Omid are my friends and everything is happening in real. I definitely want to read this book.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

The author narrates a heartwarming story about a couple's married life, punctuated with a diagnosis of brain cancer. Iranian culture is the backdrop of this story, and readers will enjoy the rollercoaster.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

I like a good romance story. This is one I would normally pick up and read. However, it will have to wait just a bit. Great review
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
Sharmin Muzawar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Sharmin Muzawar »

Hope is something we hold to. Bahar's story will be emotionally challenging to read as it will showcase how it will affect the person's life which I want to know about. This review has given me the interest to read and understand the book closely. It will definitely make me strong with my emotions at the end of the book. Thank you for the wonderful review and for connecting us to the book.
Benggirl721
Currently Reading: adrift
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benggirl721.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Benggirl721 »

It is a heartbreakingly beautiful love story of Bahar and Omid. I'm eager to read the whole story.
Reading is a journey to the world.
Leche Julius
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Leche Julius »

Remembering Hope reminds us of the power of love and teaches us that we can only control so much in life.
I would recommend this book to everyone. :cry:
avinashsoni004
Currently Reading: The obstacle is the way: The ancient art of turning adversity to advantage.
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avinashsoni004.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B08CQ86LZ3

Post by avinashsoni004 »

The review gave me the glimpses of the storyline, and the small extract that I read was enough to give me the undeniable curiosity to complete the books soonest possible. Remembering Hope seems to be the story of courage, resilience, perseverance and not giving up on your love. Sometime the life is so brutal that we could not even find the courage to reply it back with anger, we feel the void created inside us and find ourselves trapped in the labyrinth that life put us into. Bahar might have done nothing criminal to face such atrocities in her life that too when the love of her life was on the verge of death line. The story gives you the real doses of courage in the darkest times where the reader is also put in to the beautiful journey of the inception of their relationship. I couldn’t find another better book with so much heart-breaking and heart-warming storyline simultaneously.
Mohammed_Sameer2
Favorite Author: Marcel Proust (Author)
Favorite Book: Swann's Way: In Search of Lost Time, Vol. 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohammed-sameer2.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
fav_author_id: 221667

Post by Mohammed_Sameer2 »

A beautiful book and review Christieee, you reveal the power of self and the human side in the story. Also, I noticed that the author used the first person's perspective well in this artistic context. Have a great time.
Vaishnavi_Patil
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vaishnavi_Patil »

This book explores about the emotions you feel when your loved one is facing a difficulties. And remembering the times when you spent together . It also shows how beautiful young love feels. But the major positive lesson is how to not lose hope and be strong and positive in these tough situations.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”