Official Review: Love In Flight by Rebecca D. King

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Official Review: Love In Flight by Rebecca D. King

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love In Flight" by Rebecca D. King.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ever since Morgan left the military, she's been feeling empty—like a part of her is missing. Although she loves her job as a flight medic, it's her life at home that leaves her feeling angry and depleted. Morgan and her husband, Nicholas, can't seem to spend five minutes together without arguing. He thinks she spends too much time working and wants her to be more physically and emotionally available for their two kids. Morgan believes he is being unreasonable and resents the pressure that he puts on her. She is feeling disconnected from her family and longing for her days back in the military.

Can Morgan and Nicholas's marriage survive her deep-seated unhappiness and preoccupation with her life back in Afghanistan? Will she become the dutiful mother and wife that he expects her to be, or will she give it all up for the life that she misses? Read and find out!

Love In Flight by Rebecca D. King is the first installment in the Hearts On Fire series. It's a short fictional story about the power struggle in relationships, grappling with self-identity, and balancing work and family life. At under fifty pages, the story is a fast read and quickly delves deep into the action. The emotionally driven plot is told from the third-person perspective. It follows Morgan as she struggles with her identity as a mother and a wife after surviving war and trauma.

What I enjoyed most about the book was the emphasis on identity. Difficult events in our lives can directly impact how we view ourselves—in our careers, as a parent, and as a partner. Sometimes, these roles can undermine one another. Morgan's struggle to assimilate was thoroughly portrayed through her anger towards Nicholas and through her unwillingness to see things from his perspective. I thought the author did an excellent job of taking readers through the journey of self-reflection.

Another thing I appreciated about the book was the character selection. The presence of strong female characters working in careers that males predominately occupy was a welcome change. Both Morgan and her co-worker, Steph, were flight medics and had both flown choppers in Afghanistan.

For the most part, I thought Love In Flight was engaging, and it flowed at a steady pace for the first three-quarters of the book. My only dislike was how the story ended; it was rather abrupt and left me questioning how the characters arrived at their decisions. How had they evolved as people?

There were no issues with spelling and grammar, and the text was easy to follow. I can confidently report that it was professionally edited. I have chosen to give the book a rating of three out of four stars. I loved the premise and the strength of Morgan's character but deducted a star due to my disappointment with the ending.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Love In Flight to readers who love books about self-identity and family dynamics. If you're looking for a mushy love story that will sweep you off your feet, look elsewhere. While romance was loosely weaved into the story, the main emphasis was on overcoming the challenges that many couples face. There was no explicit content or profanity, so the book would be suitable for all readers.

Love In Flight
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pinballmg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Pinballmg »

Very insightful review, i think what Nicolas need to do is to guide her and comfort her through her difficult time with the new normal life. But i will like to see how it get done. Thanks for the review.
Stephanie Elizabeth

Pinballmg wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 04:15 Very insightful review, i think what Nicolas need to do is to guide her and comfort her through her difficult time with the new normal life. But i will like to see how it get done. Thanks for the review.
I agree! Thanks for your comment :)
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

Seems very interesting, I think I'll try it out. Thank you for the honest review!
Stephanie Elizabeth

Naaya123 wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 15:58 Seems very interesting, I think I'll try it out. Thank you for the honest review!
Thank you :)
Adelle v
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelle-v.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Adelle v »

I think feeling disconnected from your family and not truly knowing yourself can be hard. Throw a husband who does understand into the mix well that spells just one thing. I hope Morgan and Nicholas can sort things out. Thanks again for a great review.
Pinballmg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Pinballmg »

I didn't read the book but given the review , The title "Love in flight" took a different dimension than what i expect from the book, nonetheless i think here morgan is military oriented person meaning she's mobile person not a sit at home lady and now her new career is very similar as the former in terms of time and space.
There fore, Nicholas has to adjust to her own pace and also try to patiently communicate with her in order to let her understand the need of her presence at home as a wife and a mother. This is more like a rehab so Nicholas has a job to do turning a full military Oriented personnel in to a bloody civilian. I think the book is worth reading, Thanks for the review.
MacdonaldManana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macdonaldmanana.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by MacdonaldManana »

Thanks for the review. Maybe I will give it a shot. Most people can relate to this situation and it is really worrisome. Work has brought many families to the ground

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”