Official Review: Prominent Pleasure

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Official Review: Prominent Pleasure

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prominent Pleasure" by Lorraine Elizabeth Shaw.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Prominent Pleasure by Lorraine E. Shaw is an erotic thriller novel. This adult book includes steamy romance, infidelity, family secrets, murder, and more. It is fast-paced and appeals to readers who enjoy action and suspense and indulging in hot and heavy literature. The book is the first instalment of the Prominent Pleasure series.

Quentin Tyler Sr. is the best lawyer in Prominent, New York. He is also the head of a large and loving family. He and his wife, Elise, have six successful children and are very proud parents. Their daughter, Quiche, works for her father and is also a brilliant lawyer. Quiche is having an affair with an older married man, Judge Karl Filmore. This secret love affair is not the only scandal in the Tyler family. 

Hotel rooms and bedrooms are the locations of many secret and steamy liaisons. This is where many of the Tyler family and their friends practice their extramarital activities. They all believe their secrets are safe, but unbeknown to them, discreet video cameras are placed in the rooms to capture their infidelities. A man with a grudge towards the Tyler family is Brazil, and with his evidence of the many family scandals, he blackmails Quentin Tyler Sr. to take the family’s successful law firm. This is only the start of Brazil’s deadly plan, and suspicions arise after a drive-by shooting takes the lives of innocent bystanders at a local nightclub.

The book is fast-paced and is full of action. As well as being a page-turner because of the thrilling themes such as murder, drive-by shootings, blackmail and revenge, the novel has a sizeable amount of erotic material. Many of the characters are in sexual relationships, either with their partners or by having an affair. There is much description of the sexual acts performed in both straight and gay couples, and the language used contains many erotic profanities. Fans of erotic literature will enjoy these parts of the book and find it stimulating, but caution should be given to readers who don’t enjoy profanities and explicit sexual material. 

The sexual scenes are very frequent throughout the book and between many characters. Each one is written in a way to build up excitement, and the author did a good job of expressing the characters’ intense desires for each other. Unfortunately, I found that the sex scenes were all quite similar and the choice of language was the same for each character. As the book went on, I felt it lost the momentum as all the characters seemed to have very similar intimate experiences with little variety. With a multitude of characters to provide all the different sexual interactions, it was also difficult at times to keep up with who each character is, what their backstory is, and who they are married to.

With the book containing so many characters, there isn’t much time spent on character development. The language between characters is quite simple, and I felt little depth of emotion from them. The text is very descriptive about what the characters are doing or saying, but little time is dedicated to how they are feeling. In parts of the story were the characters were experiencing extreme grief and sadness, I felt the dialogue between characters was too simple and not authentic.

I enjoyed the action and suspense in the novel, and I found it very easy to read. It is only suitable for adults who enjoy erotic material and who are not offended by profanities. I found a few spelling and grammar errors, so the book would benefit from another round of editing. I felt the book could have more depth and more well-developed characters, and I would have liked a little more variation in the many sexual scenes. With this considered, I rate the book 2 out of 4 stars. The book is entertaining and provocative, and I am intrigued to see how the story develops in the next instalment.

Prominent Pleasure
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
katmeynaj345
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by katmeynaj345 »

I love reading such kind of novels because they usually have an emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending. Thank you for your review
Arpita Choudhari
Currently Reading: 11 Before 12
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Arpita Choudhari »

I will love to read this book. This book is filled with lust and satisfaction. I'm sure I'll get satisfied reading this book
Angallie
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Angallie »

This book blew my mind away. A book where these things are really happening in reality a lot of emotions and anger were involved. I felt every emotion and word while reading this book it touched my heart.
car-mbz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-car-mbz.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by car-mbz »

Thank you for a great review. You said the book is full of action. Am looking forward to reading it.
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." Margaret Fuller
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Caroline Anne Richmond

katmeynaj345 wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 10:44 I love reading such kind of novels because they usually have an emotionally satisfying and optimistic ending. Thank you for your review
Thanks for your comments :D
Caroline Anne Richmond

Arpita Choudhari wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 00:46 I will love to read this book. This book is filled with lust and satisfaction. I'm sure I'll get satisfied reading this book
Thanks for your comments :D
Caroline Anne Richmond

Angallie wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 07:11 This book blew my mind away. A book where these things are really happening in reality a lot of emotions and anger were involved. I felt every emotion and word while reading this book it touched my heart.
Glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for your comments :D
Caroline Anne Richmond

car-mbz wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 14:53 Thank you for a great review. You said the book is full of action. Am looking forward to reading it.
Hope you enjoy the book. Thanks for your comments :D
NerdyVicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdyvicky.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by NerdyVicky »

Your review is incisive, I must say. I also like how objective you are in pointing out the pros and cons of the book. I find your review really useful, especially in the sense that I know it's not the kind of book I would want to read. This is mostly because the characters lack depth, according to your review.

This review is well written. Kudos.
Masekake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masekake.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Masekake »

I used to love erotic books in my early twenties. It sucks when the author neglects character developments, the excessive misspellings and typos are also a huge turn-off. It's hard to take a book that doesn't seem professionally edited seriously.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

This scandalous book seems like a worthwhile read. I have no doubt in my mind that i will enjoy reading it. The cover page really grabbed my attention though. The review did not disappoint.
akshenoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshenoy.html
Latest Review: Wonks by William Reese Hamilton

Post by akshenoy »

The cover page definitely paints a picture and I cannot wait to read the mystery that is to be unveiled. Excellent review and thanks for the honest opinion!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”