Official Review: The Silver Shell by Deena Logan

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mvictoria
Currently Reading: Midnight Sun
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvictoria.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Official Review: The Silver Shell by Deena Logan

Post by Mvictoria »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Silver Shell" by Deena Logan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Silver Shell by Deena Logan is the romantic story of an epic cruise. The story begins with Debra and her daughter, Kim. Debra finds a silver shell necklace that her husband had given her and tells Kim silver shells are very rare and thought to bring everlasting love to those who find them. After being widowed for over a year, Debra has decided to take a cruise with her brother, Paul. Frank is going on the same cruise to spite his wife. He purchased the non-refundable cruise for their fortieth wedding anniversary, but they are now divorced.

Frank notices Debra in the embarkation line and thinks she looks familiar. They see each other again on the cruise and they realize they have met previously. Years earlier, Debra and her husband were at the same conference as Frank in Las Vegas. After her first day of travel, Debra feels a little ill, and Frank helps her back to her room. He invites her to dinner, but she politely declines. Both Frank and Debra think their time for romance has passed. Are they right? Find out in The Silver Shell.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It is a sweet, slow-burning romance that will sweep you off your feet. It had just enough suspense and twists to keep me interested without feeling like the author was trying too hard. I also really appreciated that it was written from two different, often overlapping, perspectives. This helped create the suspense that held my focus and allowed us to see the budding romance from different genders.

One of the aspects I really liked was the introduction of Dave Sorenson. He added some of the fun, unexpected pieces that made the plot less predictable. This book definitely has an original story that keeps it from being banal. The book and the plot make love seem possible at any age, and I appreciated reading from the perspective of older characters. The vocabulary is varied, and the characters are dramatic without feeling unnatural. Even though the main characters are middle-aged, I believe young, mature adults will find something to enjoy about this book.

I found few errors in this book and nothing that distracted me from my reading. I believe this book was professionally edited. There are some scenes and curse words that I think make this book more appropriate for a mature audience. I would recommend this book to all lovers of romance and especially to those looking for a charming book to read quickly. Overall, I rate The Silver Shell by Deena Logan four out of four stars, as I found nothing to dislike about it.

The Silver Shell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I have a love/hate relationship with slow-burn romances! Thank you for your review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Petruschka1
Currently Reading: India in Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petruschka1.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by Petruschka1 »

A cruiseship is certainly a different setting for a romantic novel. I think it suits the budding romance of two middle-aged people well. Thank you for the review.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Hmm a cruise, interesting, I mean interested. How far will they go to deny their supposed romance?, what would Kim think of it? I want to know.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

The main characters seem very relatable and lovable. The storyline is one that is very interesting and I genuinely want to know what happens on that cruise. Thank you for your review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”