Official Review: Onus Angelorum by Celie Wells

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Official Review: Onus Angelorum by Celie Wells

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Onus Angelorum" by Celie Wells.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alerie thought she had a perfect life as a half-human in a human world. But fate, ancient bloodlines, and duty had different things in store for her. She must unite with a team of werewolves, vampires, witches, a demon, and a human to enter a magical realm called The White. It's a life or death mission. What happens when the supposed human was found not to be human, and Alerie is hurt and at the point of death in The White? Find out in this intriguing book.

I was greatly impressed by Celie Wells' brilliance and creativity. Werewolves, vampires, demons, and witches are like everyday fairytales, with each of them ending in fierce conflicts between the magical beings. But she brilliantly brought a twist to a normal storyline, and in her book, Onus Angelorum, these beings united for a common goal.

Excellent fiction writing is being able to convey the portrayed characters' feelings to the reader. Celie Wells incorporated this in her writing. The narrative and descriptive technique employed by Celie effortlessly conveyed the characters' emotions. It was intriguing to feel a sense of loss with Alerie after helping Henry back to The White.

Following the series of events in the book, the narrative built up to a climax. There was a lot of suspense and a heightened sense of anticipation that made the book all the more interesting. The book was intertwined with a series of surprising events. For instance, I never expected Alerie to fall in love with a particular character, even to the point of intimacy between them. I assumed he repulsed her. So, you'd imagine the surprise on my face when she first kissed him.

Onus Angelorum was so interesting and captivating that I couldn't put it down once I started reading. I can't wait for the sequels to the book. However, I had an issue of utmost concern regarding the book. It contained a plethora of errors that dampened my reading flow, as I had to stop to take notes periodically. I'll recommend another round of editing for the book.

I'd rate the book 3 out of 4 stars because it was such an interesting read but was riddled with errors. I would have given it a 3.5-star rating, but that would be against the rules. This book is suitable for young adults and adults interested in werewolf fantasies. The book isn't suitable for younger audiences, as it contained subtle sex scenes and some profane words.

Onus Angelorum
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I don't usually like "paranormal" fiction, but this one sounds well-written despite the editing problems you've described. Thank you for your review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I like fantasy stories. There are so many of them in the market. The issues you mentioned might make it hard for this book. Hopefully, they can be fixed. Thanks for your review!
irumva divin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by irumva divin »

thank you for review i like personal am a lover of vampire stories and fiction stories hope i will enjoy full story also the name of the book was so incredible
katmeynaj345
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by katmeynaj345 »

I always love reading paranormal fiction. I hope the issues you've mentioned will be solved :) Thanks for your review
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I do have a soft spot for the supernatural. I actually like reading them when I am feeling a bit down. So this sounds pretty good. Thank you for the review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Oh, I will definitely enjoy this one. Thank you for sharing.
Maggie MacLaren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-maclaren.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Maggie MacLaren »

Paranormal fiction is my bread and butter when it comes to books! I look forward to reading this and hopefully the errors have been fixed. Thanks for the detailed and honest review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”