Official Review: Soul Mate Sh*t by Melissa Yvonne

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Official Review: Soul Mate Sh*t by Melissa Yvonne

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Soul Mate Sh*t" by Melissa Yvonne.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As Melissa approaches her 40th birthday, she realizes that her marriage to Chase has become smothering, monotonous, and boring. She has known 43-year-old Brayden for ten years, and out of the blue, one day, he texts her that she is his unicorn. She starts having a digital affair with him. He texts her poetry and tells her of his love for her. Melissa falls in love with Brayden but feels guilty about deceiving Chase. Chase suspects the truth about her and Brayden and confronts her. Melissa asks for a separation, and Chase tells her no because he believes they can work through their problems and make their marriage work. At the age of 18, Abigail's mother dies, and she becomes the Queen of Cambria because her father, the Prince, is not part of the royal bloodline. Her life now consists of taking care of the kingdom and doing what she can to help the citizens. Will Melissa and Chase's marriage survive? What is the connection between Melissa and Abigail? You will need to read the book to find out.

There are many things I like about Soul Mate Sh*t by Melissa Yvonne. Firstly, I like the poems "The Velveteen Rabbit" and "Beauty Before The Stones." Secondly, the illustrations in the book are artfully done. Thirdly, the author did a fantastic job of integrating two different love stories into one book. Fourthly, there are lessons to be learned in this book. My favorite one is that the Universe provides you with what you need when you need it. Finally, the different fonts used in the text help the reader keep track of the characters' interactions.

There are a couple of things I dislike about the book. The first one is that the pace is slow. Parts of the book seemed to drag on and on. The other thing is when the author stated that the goats are whinnying; goats bleat, not whinny like a horse.

I believe a professional editor has edited this book because I only found two errors in the entire book. I enjoyed reading this book and became engrossed in the story. Due to these reasons, I gladly give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to adults who enjoy romantic memoirs. I do not recommend the book to younger readers because of the non-borderline profanity and the erotic sexual content. If readers are offended by either of these, they should not read the book.

Soul Mate Sh*t
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

While I do not like that the main character is having an affair, I am certainly curious about the connection between Abigail and Melissa. Thank you for the review, I enjoyed reading it.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
MarveeAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marveeaman.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MarveeAman »

The "digit affair " seems to be a conventional love story of the 21st century but melding two love stories together sounds appealing . Helpful review though.
LeighBee
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighbee.html
Latest Review: To Own Two Suns by F. E. Tabor

Post by LeighBee »

I have to admit, the title made me chuckle. I guess I would not be put off by the profanity. I sometimes read books about romance, but if it is slow-paced as you said, I think I would find it tedious and not worth my time. Thank you for your review!
katmeynaj345
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by katmeynaj345 »

The digital affair as you call it made me want to read the book. I feel like this digital affair is the main drama that will make the book interesting. Thank you for the great review.
zulfiyya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulfiyya.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by zulfiyya »

Thanks for your review I really enjoyed it! This "digital affair" sounds very interesting.
Mayrah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mayrah »

Seems like there can be a twist witg the relationship between Melissa and Abigail. Honestly, Melissa shouldn't ruin her marriage for Brayden just because she fell in love with him through digital means.
Sejall7_
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sejall7.html
Latest Review: Everyone Needs a Companion by Jerry A Greenberg

Post by Sejall7_ »

I was amused by the title! While I am not in favour of having an affair, the plot does sound intriguing. I, like others, am quite interested in knowing the relation between Abigail and Melissa. Will definitely give it a try! Thank you so much for this incredible review !
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

Infidelity is something i do not take lightly to and Mellissa as a character has already lost my admiration. Although i do respect her decision to stop the deceit and be open with Chase. I feel like i will enjoy reading this book and finding out the connection between Abigail and the main characters.
Holly Fleming
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-fleming.html
Latest Review: Beyond by Ruth Mitchell

Post by Holly Fleming »

Thank you for this insightful review. It can be exhausting when a plot drags along. I agree with you that goats do, in fact, bleat (or scream) but they do not whinny.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Seems like a book that might interest marital affairs. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”