Official Review: 500 Miles by Deborah O'Ferry

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Official Review: 500 Miles by Deborah O'Ferry

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "500 Miles" by Deborah O'Ferry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

500 Miles by Deborah O'Ferry is the epitome of a tale of serendipitous love.

Justin is in a happy, committed relationship with Julia (or so he thinks), and even thinking about moving in together in his place in Sydney and possibly getting married down the line. He is truly surprised when she declines to attend his friend's wedding in Melbourne with him and insists that he goes stag.

Anna is living 'the single life' in Melbourne (and not loving it). All she wants is to find the man of her dreams that she can love and be loved in return, but she is experiencing a whole lot of bad luck in that department.

As they both struggle with the hurdles life throws at them, their paths keep crossing. The more they try to push each other away, it seems the more the universe pushes them into each other's lives.

There is unmistakable chemistry that surrounds them that O'Ferry expertly expresses. I cannot recall how long it has been since I enjoyed a love story as much as this one. I laughed, I cried, I felt angry and low, but most of all, I rooted for them to end up together. With every misunderstanding and unspoken thought and feeling, I sighed and hoped that somehow they would find the courage to say the words and express their emotions as beautifully as it was expressed in their thoughts…

The supporting characters are amazing and create a delicate web that ultimately ties the story together in the end. Each character is unique and well thought out, and the author created depth and unexpected twists that made the story unique and well worth my time.

With almost no errors to report, I can confidently say that the book was professionally edited. There were some minor instances of profanity and suggestion of intimacy, but no explicit detail, leaving me of the opinion that this book is suitable for teenagers and adults alike, but it most likely would appeal to the romantic at heart.

Some of the triggering elements for sensitive readers might be the mention of excessive drinking, driving while under the influence, a violent car accident, cheating, euthanasia, and prolonged hospital stays of family members.

I wholeheartedly award this novel the maximum rating of 4 out of 4 stars, as there was simply nothing I disliked about this book. I look forward to reading more work from this author in the near future.

500 Miles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I enjoy romantic and love storybook but, havent been lucky to get one these days. I love suspense and twist in book. I'll definitely add this one to my shelf. Thanks for a well-detailed review.
irumva divin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by irumva divin »

500 miles by Deborah o' ferry sad story of Anna in love of getting negative with it i like the review hope i will search the book very soon thank you for review
Caro Banks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caro-banks.html
Latest Review: Aaron's Story - One Wrong Turn by Carol Engler

Post by Caro Banks »

It's good to know you enjoyed it so well. Romance is not my favourite genre though. Thanks for an in-depth review.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

I do not usually read romance novels but this one sounds really good. I may have give this one a try.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Arpita Choudhari
Currently Reading: 11 Before 12
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Arpita Choudhari »

This book seems interesting to read. I like reading romantic novels and I would like to read this one too and the review shows the best and it will be worth reading

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”