Official Review: Taming The British Playboy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OB Brian
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ob-brian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine A. Pepe

Official Review: Taming The British Playboy

Post by OB Brian »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Taming The British Playboy" by Amerine Graham.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Brandon has a set of rules that he strictly follows. One, spend as little time as possible sleeping and as much time as possible partying. Two, never be late for a meeting. Three, always take his coffee with two teaspoonfuls of brandy, and, four, never have the same woman twice and most importantly, keep them away from his friends (did I mention that he is a billionaire playboy?). That is until he met Karina. Taming The British Playboy, by Amerine Graham, tells how the world as he knew it turns upside down for this woman.

From the very beginning, Karina is powerless against the charms of this man. She is aware that it is unprofessional to be involved with the boss, but who cares about work etiquette? Karina also knows that he does not think of her as more than a friend-with-benefits. But, while it lasts, she is determined to have every bit of him for herself. So when circumstances force Brandon to meet his estranged noble family, she is more than happy to play his fiancée, you know, public relations and whatnot.

However, stepping foot into Brandon's family's castle comes at a cost. Will Brandon ever look at her in the same light again? Yes, he keeps her at arm's length, but has he not allowed her to mingle with his friends and chosen her to meet his family? That is progress, right? With her darkest secrets exposed, what will become of them? Those trips to the moon and back every time she is in his arms, will she be able to…? Will she ever…?

Graham's ability to tell a story is astounding. She narrates the tale from a third person's perspective, enabling readers to witness the events. Also, readers can be privy to the thoughts and emotions of the characters. What I liked the most about the novel is how the author evokes emotion in her narration. She skilfully describes the scenes and occurrences and takes her time at captivating the reader such that they relive the experiences of the characters. With the addition of banter at just the right moment, the author makes this novel irresistible. Thus, Taming The British Playboy might not appeal to a young audience. I believe this read will be enticing to young adults, especially those who love billionaire romance.

Nevertheless, the novel spotted its fair share of grammatical and typographical mistakes, which was a bit irritating. Each chapter had at least two flaws, most of which were spelling errors. Consequently, I deduct a star and rate it at 3 out of 4 stars. While Taming The British Playboy is a worthwhile novel, those uncomfortable with adult content may want to avoid it.

Taming The British Playboy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Petruschka1
Currently Reading: India in Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petruschka1.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by Petruschka1 »

This romance novel sounds intriguing and great fun. Karina must be asking herself, will she ever get her man? The book title seems more than appropriate.
Masekake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masekake.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by Masekake »

I'm sure it's one of those books where they'll get together in the end. Go through hurdles as the woman to get the man every woman wants but he's not interested, then finally it takes one woman for him to fall in love and settle down. I've read many with this kind of plot, they're always interesting to read. I love them. Great review.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

This book sounds like the kind of fun and entertaining read to fill a lazy weekend curled up on the couch. Thank you for your great review!
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

This book has the typical romance storyline but nevertheless, seems interesting. I am going to enjoy reading this novel. I love the cover too!
OB Brian

Post by OB Brian »

Petruschka1 wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 09:39 This romance novel sounds intriguing and great fun. Karina must be asking herself, will she ever get her man? The book title seems more than appropriate.
It is indeed. Thanks for the comment.
OB Brian

Post by OB Brian »

Smmwallace wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 00:12 This book sounds like the kind of fun and entertaining read to fill a lazy weekend curled up on the couch. Thank you for your great review!
I can assure you that you will not want to leave that couch. Thanks for the comment.
OB Brian

Post by OB Brian »

Masekake wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 23:49 I'm sure it's one of those books where they'll get together in the end. Go through hurdles as the woman to get the man every woman wants but he's not interested, then finally it takes one woman for him to fall in love and settle down. I've read many with this kind of plot, they're always interesting to read. I love them. Great review.
Thank you.
OB Brian

Post by OB Brian »

Precious Naiti wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 21:13 This book has the typical romance storyline but nevertheless, seems interesting. I am going to enjoy reading this novel. I love the cover too!
Yes, the face on the cover is irresistible. Also, it is as typical as they get. Still, it's hypnotic and evokes all the romantic emotions you can imagine. Thank you for your comment.
akshenoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshenoy.html
Latest Review: Wonks by William Reese Hamilton

Post by akshenoy »

There is never going back when one falls in love. This review has made me curious about what is to come and how they profess their love for each other. Thank you for such a wonderful review.
OB Brian

Post by OB Brian »

You are welcome and thanks for the encouraging comment.
OB Brian

Post by OB Brian »

akshenoy wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 01:38 There is never going back when one falls in love. This review has made me curious about what is to come and how they profess their love for each other. Thank you for such a wonderful review.
You are welcome and thanks for the encouraging comment.
perekenighan
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by perekenighan »

This seems like a typical romance story. Great review. Thanks a lot.
OB Brian

Post by OB Brian »

:idea:
perekenighan wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 00:34 This seems like a typical romance story. Great review. Thanks a lot.
Thanks for your thoughts
Mohd Sufiyaan
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Mohd Sufiyaan »

Woowww...it's a romantic story of billionaire playboy .it leaves a message of there is nevergoing back when u fall in love

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”