Official Review: Bound to You in Japan by Amelia Danver

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Official Review: Bound to You in Japan by Amelia Danver

Post by Dimi1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bound to You in Japan" by Amelia Danver.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bound to You in Japan (The Brotherhood #2) by Amelia Danver is the second episode of her erotic romance novels. The highly erotic book focuses on Alec Sousa’s assignment in Japan. Alec is a CIA agent and has undertaken a series of dangerous missions that has completed successfully. His new assignment seems to be more complex than ever. His lover, young Cathy, comes into the scenery. Alec goes secretly to Japan to save Cathy who’s being sold as a sex slave to a strict but kind Master. Insurmountable obstacles are put by the Japanese mafia, really powerful persons around the world, and even the CIA itself. They prohibit those two from getting together and living happily ever after.

The book has an extensive and thorough description of erotic scenes while mystery seems to be having a supporting role. Given that we are speaking about erotic romance, I consider that it fully justifies its categorization. Most of the chapters have at least one erotic scene, which is different from the scenes previously described, and this seems to be a major magnet for fans of the particular genre. In this respect, I consider that this book is one of the best representatives of its kind. Also, it has another major advantage. The author is a thorough connoisseur of Japanese culture. In this respect, she gives us a valuable insight into Japanese daily life. I enjoyed all the inside information provided in the various chapters such as the unlimited train rides for the week with the Rail Pass or the knocking of knuckles on the table to thank someone. The author provides invaluable lessons for people wishing to become more aware of the country’s fantastic everyday life.

Despite the strengths identified above, there existed some drawbacks in the book that should be brought to light. First of all, I located numerous typos and errors. Although most of them are minor, they distract the reader by creating an image of a book that needs a second look before addressing the wider public. Some of them are often repeated in the following pages, showing that specific actions should be taken by the author. Also, although the glossary of Japanese words and phrases, provided in the Appendix, is very helpful, I think that it would be more helpful if footnotes in pages, explaining the Japanese words and phrases, are provided. Lastly, a secondary weakness is that the plot lacks substantiation in some parts. As a result, the story’s flow consists of giant leaps, and the reader is left wondering how the protagonists ended up in the situation described. However, this isn’t important, since we are speaking mainly about an erotic romance novel with the mystery coming next.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars for being a great sample of its genre and for providing a holistic and very helpful insight into the Japanese culture. One star was deducted mainly because of the numerous typos and errors identified, but also because some parts of the plot could be given more attention to keep a meticulous reader more satisfied.

This book is appropriate for adults only due to its sexual content and vulgar language. The casual reader might read it but not the one that is offended by such content.

Bound to You in Japan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

I love that Alec despite how insurmountable the challenges he was most likely to face were, he resolved to go save Cathy. He understood that love is proved by how much sacrifices one is willing to make for the one they claim to love.

Great review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is great that the author is obviously a connoisseur of Japanese culture. This certainly contributes to the persuasiveness of the book.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems that this book is more than just an erotic novel. I love the informative part about Japan. Thank you for your thorough review!
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I think it’s interesting that the story includes Japanese culture in the romance story. It seems like it’s well done. Thank you for the thorough and well-written review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

While I would enjoy a peak into the Japanese culture, erotica isn't my genre. It's too bad about the typos. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Beyond the eroticism, I think the storyline is interesting. Congrats on a candid review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

The incorporation of Japanese culture knowledge in an erotic novel is rather interesting. I am glad to read, however, that it did more than palate the erotic scenes. The author sure has actionable takeaways to improve on the book. Thank you for your lovely review!
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

This is an interesting book for those who like mystery mixed with erotic scenes.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

I like that this novel has an interesting mix of erotic romance, mystery, and Japanese culture, sounds really cool. Thanks for the insightful review.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Looks like this is more than just an erotic novel. This is intriguing. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

GoodLuck ES wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 06:44 I love that Alec despite how insurmountable the challenges he was most likely to face were, he resolved to go save Cathy. He understood that love is proved by how much sacrifices one is willing to make for the one they claim to love.

Great review.
Thank you for putting in some good words!
MarianaFigueira wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 15:35 I like that this novel has an interesting mix of erotic romance, mystery, and Japanese culture, sounds really cool. Thanks for the insightful review.
That's its recipe of success. Thank you!
TheMazeRunner wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 12:50 This is an interesting book for those who like mystery mixed with erotic scenes.
Yep, indeed. And lots of erotic scenarios. Thank you for stopping by!
Mwatu wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 09:33 The incorporation of Japanese culture knowledge in an erotic novel is rather interesting. I am glad to read, however, that it did more than palate the erotic scenes. The author sure has actionable takeaways to improve on the book. Thank you for your lovely review!
I think that the thing with the Japanese culture is its added value. Thank you for your comment!
Nqobile771 wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 08:01 Beyond the eroticism, I think the storyline is interesting. Congrats on a candid review.
Thank you for stopping by!
kandscreeley wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 18:10 While I would enjoy a peak into the Japanese culture, erotica isn't my genre. It's too bad about the typos. Thanks.
Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate it!
Marcel Cantu wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 15:02 I think it’s interesting that the story includes Japanese culture in the romance story. It seems like it’s well done. Thank you for the thorough and well-written review!
Japanese culture is its added value. Thank you for your comment!
raluca_mihaila wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 13:41 It seems that this book is more than just an erotic novel. I love the informative part about Japan. Thank you for your thorough review!
Thank you so much for your comment!
markodim721 wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 12:33 It is great that the author is obviously a connoisseur of Japanese culture. This certainly contributes to the persuasiveness of the book.
Yep, it certainly does. Thank you!
GoodLuck ES wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 06:44 I love that Alec despite how insurmountable the challenges he was most likely to face were, he resolved to go save Cathy. He understood that love is proved by how much sacrifices one is willing to make for the one they claim to love.

Great review.
Yep, but this seems mostly like a side story to support the erotic scenes. Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”