Official Review: Old Scars by Jaylynn Wylie

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Old Scars by Jaylynn Wylie

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Old Scars" by Jaylynn Wylie.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Old Scars Old Series Book Two by Jaylynn Wylie is a romantic novel about the life of two police officers Willow and Rhett. The book is packed with passion and sensuality and will give you a testosterone rush.

Willow and Rhett are police officers working in the narcotics department. Their job is to clean the society of drug peddling. They had a neglected and abusive childhood as their parents were under the influence of drugs and alcohol. They have trust issues and are always on guard. Things begin to turn when they start spending time with each other and fall in love. Will Rhett and Willow be able to overcome their disturbing past and start a new life? Read the book to know more about their romance, desires, and emotional turmoil.

What I liked most about the book is the chemistry between Rhett and Willow. Willow is a feisty but warmhearted young woman who finds it difficult to trust people because she is afraid of getting hurt. She is very protective about her space and her family. Rhett is a handsome middle-aged man who has had his share of heartbreaks. His love and devotion towards Willow are dreamy and appealing. He is aware of Willow’s insecurities and goes out of his way to make her feel comfortable and loved. He is mindful of her soft spots and respects her strengths. The book is packed with steamy and intimate love scenes between them. Their love story is every young heart’s fantasy. Willow likes her physical connection with Rhett but is skeptical about starting a relationship with him. The author has done an incredible job describing the uncertainty in Willow’s mind about letting someone into her life. The book talks about how difficult it is for people to believe in others when they have been neglected in their childhood.

There is nothing that I disliked about the book. The storyline is short and simple and talks mainly about Rhett and Willow’s love life. Being a part of the drug enforcement task force, they do many operations together. Through the story, the author has also tried to tell the audience how drugs can ruin young men and women and their families, especially their children.

The book is well-written and professionally edited. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to all adults above 18 years of age. If you are looking for an intimate, sensuous, and passionate book then this is a must-read book for you.

Old Scars
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Rhett and Willow's past and trust issues will make a good read. Old scars is quite a eye catching title. Thank you for a great review!
S Jayasree
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by S Jayasree »

Not a big fan of romantic novels but developed an interest on this book after reading your review. That's quite a great review!
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

From time to time, I think we all need to read some good romantic and passionate stories like this one! Thank you for your detailed review!
Durgeshwari Dolas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durgeshwari-dolas.html
Latest Review: Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders by Brian E. Forschner

Post by Durgeshwari Dolas »

Seems like a simple but sweet and passionate love story. Thank your for your review.!
“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: We need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.” – Philip Pullman
Benard Ogola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benard-ogola.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Post by Benard Ogola »

After reading your rewiew, I felt like I was reading the book itself.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

It is good that the book has an important anti-drug message. The two protagonists sound like they have a deep romance. Great review!
Brian Kaburu
Reading Device: Phone

Post by Brian Kaburu »

Great review! Am a big fun of romantic novels and am interested in this it shows the negative impacts of drugs on the population, negligence, trust issues just to name a few
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

It sounds like the author was able to write the characters well and give them each distinct personalities. I’d be interested to know how it ends. Thanks for the great review!
Floramay Espino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Floramay Espino »

After reading the review I must read this book. I love romantic novels as well. Thanks for a great review..
carryminati
Currently Reading:

Post by carryminati »

it's really a very interesting romantic read to pick up..Rhett and Willow's past and trust issues will make a good read...I really like the review thanks for it
Pratima Solanki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pratima-solanki.html
Latest Review: Steel Reign: Flight of The Starship Concord by Braxton Cosby

Post by Pratima Solanki »

The title of this book catches your attention.I am really going to add this book to my bookshelf. Your review makes it more interesting.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”