Review of Demon Spawn

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 974
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Review of Demon Spawn

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Demon Spawn" by Margie McDonnell Welsh.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How do we differentiate between right and wrong? Do we truly have a choice between darkness and goodness? If so, why do we often find ourselves treading the gray area between light and dark?

Centuries ago, the archangel, Maxiel, made a choice. He became a fallen angel. His only motive was to protect Rahma and her unborn child. He traveled to the twenty-first century and entrusted the child, Sahara, to an orphanage. He thought that she would be safe there away from the angelic intricacies. Maxiel could not be more wrong. The world soon discovered that a portion of the population had angel blood in them. Heaven and hell both sent their ambassadors to protect their progeny. Sahara's life took an unexpected turn. Becoming the caretaker of Nephilim children gave her a new purpose.

Will Sahara be able to protect her demon spawn? Will she finally be able to uncover the secret of her birth? Will she be able to embrace her new reality? Most importantly, will Sahara choose darkness or light?

Demon Spawn is the first book in the Demonverse series. Margie McDonnell Welsh weaves an intriguing tale. She portrays that nobody is genetically good or bad. It is a person's choice that defines his or her character. Even the dark constructs had a choice in the book. They only had to be shown love to make the right choice.

People tend to fear the unknown. When the truth about the Nephilim genes was outed, a group called WOH cropped up to fight against them. They did care if their fight was against mere children. Sahara's fight against them to protect the rights of her demon spawn echos the fights to uphold feminist and LGBT rights that are still going on in the real world. This made the book more interesting.

The book aptly portrays that appearances can be deceiving. Maxiel is a dark angel for all intents and purposes. However, Sahara is drawn to him beyond all reason. Maxiel's love for Sahara is endless. He cares for her with all his being. He never takes advantage of her. Max is my favorite character. The tortured and tormented dark angel truly stole my heart. Sahara is one strong lady. She never breaks down. She fights for those that she cares about. She even invades hell to save her loved one.

I would have to rate it 3 out of 4 stars as I found more than ten errors. The errors were all minor and did not detract from the reading experience. The presence of errors is the only shortcoming in this book.

I recommend this fast-paced urban fantasy novel to fans of action-thrillers and romance novels. The intrigue in both the divine and mortal realms makes the book enjoyable to people who like reading political novels.

Demon Spawn
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

Demon spawn being the first book in the series is well written. This overview presents a lot of important information and it is generally interesting.
Aljun Jalandoni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Aljun Jalandoni »

I just completed reading this book, which I had intended to read over the holidays. Once I got started, I didn't want to put it down. As the plot progresses, the characters become more likable and well-developed.

The plot moves along well, with a couple of unexpected twists tossed in for good measure. Throughout her work, Margie incorporates religious undertones, dark urban fantasy, and humour.

It's certainly worth your time to read, and I'm excited to see what comes next.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

It reminds me of hush hush. It seems interesting, maybe I'll read it when the next part comes out.
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

This book sounds exciting. I love a fast-paced action story. It is very unfortunate that the errors caused it to lose a star. Hopefully, the author will get this book revised. Good review.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

seems like an interesting story with amazing characters, am already in love with Sarah and Max. Thanks for the beautiful review.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

From the storyline, this looks like a story I'd want to read. I'd love to know how the child the angel sought to protect fared.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

This book sounds very interesting. I generally look for this type of book and haven’t come across one in a while so I am looking forward to reading this one.
Patricia kavaya
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Patricia kavaya »

This book siunds amazing i also love the introduction
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

This book sounds right up my alley. I love fantasy novels and am intensely curious to find out how Maxiel's child fared at the orphanage as well as how she came to be the caretaker of young demons. This one is going straight on my 'want to read' shelf! Thanks for the recommendations!
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Thabo Sibanda 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabo-sibanda-1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Thabo Sibanda 1 »

I would love to hear more of Sahara and Maxiel. This should be a nail biter, particularly for people who love angel and demon stories. Thank you for a great review.
k_madhu_jha
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-madhu-jha.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by k_madhu_jha »

I would love to read more than a review now. I want to read this book as soon as possible.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

Wow. Talk about hook, line, and sinker. What an amazing sounding read. Thank you for the review.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Stories about good and evil always interest me. Add romance between the two to the story and I'm even more interested. Sahara has a lot of responsibility ahead of her and I wonder how she tackles it. Nice review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”