Review of She's Trouble!

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Review of She's Trouble!

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "She's Trouble!" by Gara Shaw.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nicholas Steel thrives on danger working for the CIA. So, what happens when his supervisor, Tom Novack, assigns him to be the bodyguard to Adam Stone's 21-year-old daughter, Desirae? Adam is a businessman suspected of being involved in Mexican drug trafficking, and he has received a threat that his daughter will be kidnapped. The last thing Desirae wants is a bodyguard. She just wants to have fun and live life. Adam wants Nicholas to go to Mexico to find out who is double-crossing him, and he wants him to take Desirae with him to protect her from being kidnapped. He expects them to act like they love each other. In Mexico, Nicholas finds himself becoming attracted to Desirae but knows he cannot cross the line between business and pleasure. Besides that, she hates and fights him at every turn. Will Nicholas be successful in protecting her, and will he find out who is double-crossing Adam? You will have to read She's Trouble! by Gara Shaw to find out.

This fast-paced, action-packed book has many positive aspects. While reading this book, you will encounter drug trafficking, kidnapping, violence, betrayal, humor, and love, which will cause your emotions to go on a rollercoaster ride. All of the characters are fully developed, and I could sense the charm in the handsome character of Nicholas. Gara Shaw accurately describes a little spoiled rich girl who cares about nothing but having fun. You will feel like you are on the beach with descriptions of "breathing salty air" and hearing the "roaring of the ocean."

I did not find any negative aspects in this 138-page book. I was hooked on the first page and did not want to stop reading. With only a handful of minor errors that could have been easily overlooked, I can say that a professional editor has edited this book.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and gladly give it 4 out of 4 stars. There is no justification to give it anything less.

I recommend this book to readers who love romance and mystery novellas. There is some minor borderline profanity, but it will only be offensive to the most sensitive of readers. There is some sexual content, but it is minor and not descriptive; it leaves everything to the reader's imagination. The violence in the book is low-keyed, and the bloody scenes are minimally described. If you like books that make you feel emotional, this book is for you.

She's Trouble!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

Romance novels aren't really my thing. Plus the plotline seems a bit mainstream to me. Anyways, great review! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the dynamics of the book. Also, I think it has some film potential.
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

Romance novels aren't my favorite ones, but I'll surely recommend this to my sister who loves them. It seems like an entertaining novel with developed characters. Thanks for the great review!
Shubham Shah
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shubham-shah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Shubham Shah »

Well, I am not much into romance but this book sounds like a typical Bollywood film, stuffed with crime and romance. I will give it a go! Thank you for the review :tiphat:
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

Will surely recommend it to one of my friends who loves reading such novels only. Thank you for your review!
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Seems suspenseful. Would like to know the aftermath of their fake relationship. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

The book's title reminds me of one of the Taylor Swift's song. But while reading your review, I was shook enough that how distinct and happening this book seems. Definitely adding it to my shelf, thanks for a lovely review!^^

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”