Review of A captivating touch

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Review of A captivating touch

Post by Fliesie01 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A captivating touch" by Elsa Winckler.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Caitlin Sutherland is a physiotherapist in Hermanus, South Africa. She is a strong independent woman that knows exactly what it is she wants in a man if, in fact, she even wants a man at all. She is very distrusting of the opposite sex and would do anything to push them away. Don Cavallo is a hotel owner that loves to cycle and never thought about love for even one second. They met by chance, but both of their lives would never be the same after that. Everything they believed had changed in one afternoon.

Caitlin has never in her wildest dreams thought that she could feel these intense emotions for one person and that this one guy takes over her mind every part of the day, but given her past has left her with a lot of trust issues, will she able to put the past where it belongs, and move forward? Or will this feeling stay with her and threaten her future relationship? Will there be anyone that will be able to break down her walls?

What I liked most about the book is Caitlin. She is strong, independent, and very relatable. I loved that A Captivating Touch is not just a romance book, but it involves a little mystery that gives the story an interesting twist. What I did not like about the book is Don’s character he feels a bit demanding and sometimes felt a bit aggressive. He had thoughts like, “He put his hands in the pockets of his trousers. It was either in there or around her neck.” I was not very fond of this way of thinking; it feels like a warning sign all women should stay away from, but then he redeems himself in the way he takes care of Caitlin and her family when it matters the most.

I rate A Captivating Touch 3 out of 4 stars. There were no grammatical errors, but there was a name error. Caitlin’s surname is Sutherland, but in chapter nine, the author said her surname was Sullivan, but later her surname was Sutherland again. It took me by surprise, but it did not really take anything away from the story. There is only borderline profanity in the book.

I would recommend this book to romance lovers. Elsa Winckler did a great job of capturing the characters and their desires. This is an adult read that is done tastefully. And should be avoided by anyone younger than sixteen.

A captivating touch
View: on Bookshelves
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

Relationship between two people none of whom believed in the idea of love and that too with some plot twist. Ah! Excited to know more. Thanks for the review and for mentioning the age classification.
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

This feeling that Caitlin had for Don is rare and true which comes from within and no matter how hard one can try but it really can't go away. But I would like to see what happens in this story. You wrote a good review!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Manalee Ghadi
Currently Reading: The Promise
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manalee-ghadi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Manalee Ghadi »

Been a while since I read romance! Would read this book, surely! Great review!
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

This seems to be an amazing book and something I would love to read. I will surely add this book to my bookshelf. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”