Review of You Know Every Thing

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Review of You Know Every Thing

Post by Mindy Conahye »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You Know Every Thing" by Sue Watts.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

You know Every Thing is a romance novel written by Sue Watts. The main characters have been best friends since kindergarten. They have been there for one another through school, relationships, and the trying times in their lives. They don't always see eye to eye on everything. Their relationship gets tested as they date other people.

Keely is a laid back young woman who works at her friend's bar. When a man comes in and asks her on a date, she finds herself wanting to get to know him better. Her best friend, Caiden, feels the man is only going to use Keely. He gets very upset with her for getting involved with Ted. Keely doesn't want Caiden to tell her who she can and can't date or trying to tell her what to do with her life. Caiden just wants the best for Keely. He thinks he is the best for her.

Those who enjoy romance novels might enjoy reading this book. Due to the content of the book, it is geared towards adults. Readers who prefer stories without sexual content will want to skip this one.

I enjoyed the character development in this novel. The author does an excellent job developing Keely and Caiden's personalities. I found them to be relatable and likeable. I also liked the plot twists in the story. I wasn't expecting certain things to take place and I wanted to keep reading to find out what would happen next. What I didn't like about the book is all the sexual content. I probably wouldn't have read the book if I knew there was so much of it. I feel like all the mentions about sex took away from the storyline. There were times in the book where it felt like the whole story was just about Keely wanting sex and it made me uncomfortable to keep reading. I feel brief areas on the topic would have been fine, but it was overdone. I also felt there was an overuse of swear words. There could have been a better word selection at different times to get the message across to the reader.

I rated this book 2 out of 4 stars. I feel the book was proofread, but not professionally edited. It contained two errors. I took a star away from all of the sexual content in the book. I feel that so much of it took away from the story. I also took a star away for the overuse of swear words. Overall, if the author would have avoided so much sexual talk and so many swear words, I feel the book would have been much more enjoyable. I would like to give this author another try and read other books by her in the future.

You Know Every Thing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mac :techie-reference:
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

Its unfortunate that the book is too full of sexual content, that will stop me from going for this one. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The books seems to be interesting, as much as I love romantic novels I would not read the book based on the review. Great review though
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

Most of the things beyond the limit is not good and the sexual content is in this book as well, so as you mentioned, I agree with you that too much sexual content and unnecessary swear words ruins a good romance novel. You wrote a great review!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

Having read your review, I would not read this book. I do not prefer books with so much sexual content and I marvel at authors that can write without swearing. When they use curse words infrequently it makes the meaning of the message all the more powerful. I agree that romance novels should be less about sex (or at least done tastefully) and more about the story of love. Thank you for your review.
Hellen Amina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Hellen Amina »

I'll pass this one as the review reveals too much sexual content in the novel.I love romance novels but not with too much sexual content in it.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Romance without erotica could be boring to read. That's what creates the connection between them and shouldn't be less minimal. I hope I'll have a swell time reading this. Thank you
Ashiraf Sserwadda
Currently Reading: Descendant Deception
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ashiraf Sserwadda »

Probably this book and the likes depart from my interest though it seem to have some good element of a caring friend (caiden) otherwise I don't wish to forego with reading it .thanks for the review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”