Review of ElleVentures: The Party

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of ElleVentures: The Party

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "ElleVentures: The Party" by Elle Vanzel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

ElleVentures: The Party by Elle Vanzel is a sizzling erotica novel that follows the sexual escapades of Elle and her husband, Ian. This book is the first installment in the ElleVentures series.

Before Elle met Ian, she couldn't say she was in a fulfilling relationship due to how poorly her ex treated her. Fortunately, Ian is different, and Elle soon learns that they are perfect for each other. Having been together for two decades, they know almost everything about each other, especially concerning their sexual fantasies and desires. One fateful day, Ian calls her and gives her instructions on how to dress up for a surprise occasion. Ian tells her to wait for him in front of their house to pick her up and shows up with an unknown lady, whom she learns is his new girlfriend. Where are they taking her? And what surprise awaits Elle? While you already know that you have to read the book for answers, Elle doesn't know what her husband has in stock for her, as he intends to fulfill her wildest fantasies in one night.

Firstly, I must say that this author has succeeded in writing a steamy and well-detailed erotica novel. She uses the first-person point of view (Elle's perspective) to narrate the entire story, helping the reader understand how Elle felt at any point in time. I enjoyed how the author described the characters and their environment. She pricked my imagination through vivid descriptions and made me feel like I was physically witnessing the events. This aspect of the book is what I like most about it because readers who are interested in this genre would appreciate the author's graphic narrations.

Furthermore, this book is concise. I love how the author didn't waste time to commence the action. Considering that this book is the first in the series, I believe its direct approach will win the hearts of readers who love short stories. Having only 54 pages, prospective readers would finish the book in one sitting and move on to the next one in the series. Also, I think the story's end sets the mood for readers to crave the next title.

Being a short read doesn't totally work in the book's favor because there isn't much room to fully develop the characters. Though I must commend the author for trying her best to provide some background story for Elle, I didn't think it was enough to help me relate to her, let alone her husband. And while some readers might argue that this is an erotica novel, I believe the sex in it is only secondary. Other aspects like an intriguing storyline and well-developed characters should take precedence.

Despite the issue I raised above, I am still rating this book four out of four stars. Factoring in how I like that the story is short and the prospects of getting to know the characters better in the next installment, I think it would be unfair to deduct a star from the book's rating. Also, lovers of erotica novels would love the author's directness and suspenseful but steamy narrations. The book's editing is also praiseworthy since I found only one typo in it. I recommend ElleVentures: The Party to only adults who enjoy short erotica titles. Needless to say, if you find BDSM, group sex, hedonism, and well-detailed sex scenes in books off-putting, you should please steer clear of this one. Otherwise, happy reading!

ElleVentures: The Party
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Omark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omark »

I like the author didn't waste time he described character very well.this review seems interesting .I will recommended this to my friends
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

Wow. From your review I can tell that it's quite an entertaining read. Though I don't like the fact that it's a short book, I would still love to read it.
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

I love that the book is short and is told well but it's too steamy for me. A great review though.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Even after twenty years, the couple still knows how to spice things up! Good for them!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think that the author very convincingly conveyed on paper emotions and tension, which is expected from a book of this type. Thanks for the great review.
Josephe-Anne
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Well, I'm not interested in books that encourage open marriages, but I'm glad that it was entertaining for you. You made a good point that the storyline and characters should be well-developed.

Thank you for sharing your opinions in this review.
:techie-studyinggray:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Cool. Reserve the book for a cold night, then chill with a cup of tea.
Perfect.
I love short quick stories like this.
Nice review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

It sounds like this book is very well written for what it is, but I think I care too much about character development and some basic shoe leather (I know that's the term in film, but I'm actually not sure if it's the same for books) to enjoy this one. Still, your review was very nice.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I'm loving this book already. I'd want to find out if this ends in a happily-ever-after note. Thanks for your detailed review.
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

This isn’t what I normally go for but it sounds interesting. I might give it a try.
“Just keep swimming.”
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

I don't think I would read this one. It sounds like it might dip into the painful or humiliating side of BDSM. Also, I think it's a little too descriptive for me. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”