Review of Nailing Mr. Nasty (Campy Romances Series Book 2)

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Review of Nailing Mr. Nasty (Campy Romances Series Book 2)

Post by Kristy Khem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nailing Mr. Nasty (Campy Romances Series Book 2)" by Deborah Camp.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jack Nast is known as Mr. Nasty for good reasons. He runs a tight ship at Nast Construction and many have been on the receiving end of his temper flare-ups. He’s brawny and handsome, but he’s definitely not nice. When Samantha Striker agreed to fill in for her friend at Nast Construction, she was expecting to butt heads with Mr. Nasty right away. What she didn’t expect was how sexy Jack really was. However, Jack wasn’t initially fazed by Samantha. It’s just business as usual for him. Samantha is confident that she can get her job done despite his criticisms, but she is surprised when she realizes that Jack isn’t the nasty guy that everyone seems to think he is. He is a complicated man and has a lot going on, but Samantha may be exactly the kind of woman he needs because she isn’t afraid of him. Can Jack resist her charms? Find out by reading Nailing Mr. Nasty by Deborah Camp.

Jack Nast is an alpha male and Samantha is an alpha female. They both display strong personalities without overwhelming the plot. This is the book’s best feature. I liked that the characters weren’t perfect people in a perfect world. Apart from their blossoming romance, both of the main characters have issues that they are dealing with. Jack has unresolved family drama that threatens to derail his life, and Samantha has some legal trouble that she is dealing with. I think that these additions made them even more realistic, relatable, and interesting.

The damsel in distress trope bubbled up at times during the novel. Although it wasn’t the main theme of Jack and Samantha’s romance, it credibly complemented their interactions. Seeing Samantha in distress made Jack want to help and defend her. This caused a natural attraction to develop between them, so their romance didn’t feel awkward. I liked that the author created a balance between them too; Samantha helped Jack to see his family problems from a new perspective.

I liked that there was uncertainty between Jack and Samantha as he tried to fight his attraction for her. I was rooting for their romance from the start, and I really liked the way their interactions fluctuated between professional and romantic ones. This created a slow burn that led to much anticipated intimate scenes. These were incredibly steamy and will make most readers blush.

The well-developed characters and exciting romance make this novel an enjoyable read. There was nothing that I disliked about the story, but I think that another round of editing can rectify the errors in the book. Therefore, I am rating it 3 out of 4 stars. This book is best suited for young adult and mature romance readers who don’t mind detailed sex scenes and occasional profanity. Nailing Mr. Nasty is the second book in the Campy Romances series, but it can be read as a standalone.

Nailing Mr. Nasty (Campy Romances Series Book 2)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

From the review, this book seems interesting to read, and would love to add this book to my shelves. Great review.
Latifah Quinn
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-latifah-quinn.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Latifah Quinn »

An Alpha male and alpha female, that's a combination I would like to read about. Nice review.
PeterRabitt20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

This book sounds great. I like that the plot is slow and certain. I'll be looking for it. Thanks for the review.
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

If anything the character dynamics could be interesting to see. Thanks for the review, I like how you phrased this by the way: 'will make most readers blush.'
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I think I'll check this out. Thanks!
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

I enjoy romances with strong female characters. It looks like it is going to be an interesting read with these two alpha characters interacting. I am definitely adding this to my list. Well done on the great review!
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Katie Blackmore wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 01:59 I enjoy romances with strong female characters. It looks like it is going to be an interesting read with these two alpha characters interacting. I am definitely adding this to my list. Well done on the great review!
Thank you! Happy reading :)
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Theana D wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 13:29 If anything the character dynamics could be interesting to see. Thanks for the review, I like how you phrased this by the way: 'will make most readers blush.'
I hope you get a chance to read this one.
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

PeterRabitt20 wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 10:32 This book sounds great. I like that the plot is slow and certain. I'll be looking for it. Thanks for the review.
Happy reading! Thank you for popping by with a comment about my review.
the_ashfeathers
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-ashfeathers.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by the_ashfeathers »

The 'alpha female' paired with alpha male makes this book stands out so much, it already makes my heart warm to think that it has risen above the good girl cliché, this looks great.
"Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck." ~ Will Herondale (Cassandra Clare)
Vernick chambers
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vernick chambers »

This book sounds interesting I would love to read it great reviews tough love I would say for those two characters Mr.Nasty and Samantha

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”