Review of Heart of Glass

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Heart of Glass

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heart of Glass" by B. E. Stalter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tyler and Elli are amid lovemaking when their daughter, Jessica, runs in on them with a curious topic. She wants her parents to recount their childhood history. While Jessica expects to hear juicy stories of her mum's childhood, she's met with shock by what she hears. Elli had an abusive father, who physically beat her whenever he had a chance. Her mother was emotionally unavailable. Elli had to achieve straight A's to avoid daddy's beatings. Plus, she had neither friends nor a social life.

When Richard Blair joins Elli's school, he and Elli have an immediate connection. Then Tyler Logan joins the school in seventh grade, and he and Richard become inseparable. The problem is that Tyler and Elli develop a love connection too. A lonely girl longing to be loved is now in the middle of two hotties. How does it go? Heart of Glass by B. E. Stalter is a story that will evoke mixed feelings in a reader.

I found new words as I devoured the tale, and I sought their meanings. These new words will help me improve on key areas of communication. That's one thing I admired about the book. Another aspect was the way Elli and Tyler narrated the story to young Jessica. It was so engrossing that it kept Jessica fully concentrated with her pad, ready to note down her parents' history.

The author employed the flashback technique to narrate the tale. It was significant, as I gathered the history of the characters. Stalter did an excellent job on her descriptions; they were vivid enough to produce images in a reader's mind. Overall, I felt as though I was following a gripping movie.

Additionally, I liked that the author included animals in the story: horses, cats, kittens, dogs, puppies, chickens, chicks, etc. Tyler was humorous. At one point, he discusses Michelle Ackerman, a girl who was taller than her back then. He says (I'm laughing) she had ostrich legs and big feet.

At the beginning of the book, the author mentions what character each chapter will be discussing. Nonetheless, when the narrative begins, neither the chapters nor the character to be discussed is mentioned. Therefore, the absence of these titles gave me a hard time knowing the chapter I was reading and the characters at issue. Therefore, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars.

The author has done a good job on editorial issues, as I did not detect grammatical errors or typos. There are erotic scenes. Also, the author employs vulgar language in the tale. I recommend it to readers who enjoy romance novels with a twist on family dynamics.

Heart of Glass
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

While I dislike love triangles, the plot seems too interesting. I think I'll be able to easily overlook the love triangle. Thank you for the lovely review!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I have to admit I like a good love triangle. Its always a joy to see which love interest ill like better for the main character. Nice review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”