Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (this was soooo good!)

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TJsmama
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjsmama.html

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (this was soooo good!)

Post by TJsmama »

I know this is under New Adult, but other than their ages this truly reads like an adult contemporary romance.
At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…

From Number 1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover, a passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance—and the enchanting music that inspires one young woman to put her life back together.

From the author of the New York Times bestsellers Slammed, Point of Retreat, Hopeless, This Girl, and Losing Hope, Maybe Someday is destined to become another bestseller and long-lasting fan favorite.

Includes a free original soundtrack by musician Griffin Peterson.
Holy mother of God. How can one woman elicit so many freaking feelings in under 400 pages? Colleen Hoover, your talent with words and your ability to weave them together so proficiently and effortlessly to not only tell a well written story but to show everything your characters are thinking, experiencing and feelingis beyond anything I've ever experienced.

There were so many scenes that must've been hell to write, that a lesser writer might've chosen to skip entirely precisely because of how insanely difficult and challenging the task must've been - but not only did you soldier on, you freaking owned the scene. The ones where they wrote Maybe Someday and Trouble, and a handful of others that just amazed me with how much my heart soared and broke for them. My brain knew I was reading with my eyes, but I swear to Christ it felt like I was experiencing each and every skipped heartbeat and fell in love with Ridge right along with Sydney as if I was right there with them.

I must admit I had my trepidations when I reached a certain point in the story. I hate cheaters and refuse to read about heroes and heroines who do so - it's one of the unforgivable acts that destroy otherwise perfectly likable characters for me. Somehow you managed to make even those ten seconds of physical infidelity not only forgivable, but understandable, excusable, and if I'm honest, repeatable (thank goodness it was a one time offense though. Any more and Ridge/Syd would've crossed the line into Hunter/Tori territory regardless of how heartbreakingly sweet and nerve wracking those ten seconds were). The fact that I was rooting for the h/H while they were having an emotional affair was not lost on me but god, it just didn't seem wrong. Because how can something so freaking pure be wrong?

I've alternated between reading the story and reading the lyrics off of maybesomedaysoundtrack (the website) more times than I can remember and although I couldn't listen (baby sleeping next to me, can't find headphones) the lyrics alone were more than enough to add another layer of emotions and depth to Ridge and Syd's journey. Thank you, and Griffin Peterson, for giving that to me and the rest of your readers.
Kellie123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellie123.html

Post by Kellie123 »

I'm so glad and I've found someone who enjoyed this book as much and I did. I really just stumbled upon this book one night and then could not put it down until i finished it. I immediately fell in love with both Ridge and Sydney. The soundtrack was better then I imagined while i was reading the book and it just made the story that much better. I loved the relationship between all four roommates. I found myself laughing out loud and crying along with them. My favorite moment was hands down when Ridge spoke to Sydney for the first time telling her he would never regret her. I mean really!??!? amazing. I did find myself feeling really sad for Maggie the entire book. Even after the conversation between her and Ridge at the end. However, just like you said the writing made the situation seem anything but wrong. I can't say enough amazing things about this book!
Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

I loved this book so much! Colleen Hoover is such an amazing writer who has the talent to really make the reader connect with the characters and feel every inkling of emotion that they experience.
mana1o1
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mana1o1.html

Post by mana1o1 »

This book was really good. The emotions were described so well that I sometimes found myself feeling it. The characters were well portrayed. The story was amazing. The way the author put out love out there and how difficult it was to actually grab it. The obstacles that were always there. 2 people trying to figure out a way. One of my favorites!
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

Thanks for this write up. I will try to get it from the library. Have you read any of her other books? Are they as good?
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
miabloch

Post by miabloch »

I love Colleen Hoover and was wondering about this book as well. Thanks for taking the time to recommend it...going in the need to read pile.
Court-27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-court-27.html

Post by Court-27 »

It's hard for me to put into words how much I loved this book. The twists in this book took my breath away. I feel in love with Sydney and Ridge and never wanted their story to end. I have been replaying their story in my mind ever since I finished reading wanting to relive their story. This is the first book I have ever read from Colleen Hoover, but it certainly will not be the last. I HIGHLY recommend this one!
lilly thiele
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilly-thiele.html

Post by lilly thiele »

I love anything by Colleen Hoover. Her books are some of the only New Adult books I enjoy.
jht321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jht321.html

Post by jht321 »

My favorite Colleen Hoover book. I fell in love with Ridge and Sydny. I laughed and cried. A wonderful read. :mrgreen:
Kaatiya13

Post by Kaatiya13 »

Love love loved this book! I had not read any of Colleen Hoover's other books and happen to come across this one. It was amazing! It is one of those books that you just want someone you know to read it right away so you can talk about it with them. Ridge was one of the best characters that I have read. His interaction and relationship with Sydney was so beautiful and profound. I felt like I had a book hangover for days after I read this one and wanted to start over and read it again. Colleen Hoover has the remarkable ability to write a simple kissing or even "almost kissing" scene that is more passionate and will get your heart pumping faster than most full out love scenes in most romance novels. I don't know how she does it! I do have to say though that after reading it I did try another one of hers and did not like it. It looks like this authors novels tend toward a heavier subject matter and they were a little dark for my tastes.
txmommy13
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-txmommy13.html

Post by txmommy13 »

I don't think I've ever read a Colleen Hoover book I didn't like -- she has the most AMAZING way with words and evoking the strongest feels of pretty much any author I've ever read. She's one of those people that I'll literally buy her new release before I ever even know what it's about, because I know that regardless, she'll be worth it. LOVE HER. LOVE this book. :)
ariannapryor13

Post by ariannapryor13 »

I LOVE THIS BOOK. It was an emotional roller coaster, but Colleen Hoover is a genius. This was the first book of hers that I had read, and obviously I had to go buy a few of her others.
She is very good at weaving sexual tension, humor, happiness, and every other emotion in a single situation. I highly recommend this book to everyone. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
AHamilton1976
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=4935">Go Ask Alice</a>
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahamilton1976.html

Post by AHamilton1976 »

I haven't found a CoHo book yet that I haven't loved. I think that one of the things I loved most about Maybe Someday was the overcoming any obstacle aspect. I wonder if this will be made into a movie like Ugly Love is.
Jennys-Review
Currently Reading: Achieve Your Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Jennys-Review »

Read this book this past week and couldnt have been more happy. Absolutely a must read! Thus book wasnt just a shallow and easy romance novel, Colleen really got down to the core and details of all of her character's feeling. I love a novel like this when you really feel like the characters are real people, like it could me or my friend. I have read so many books in this genre and have to say this made it to the top of my list. I found myself thinking of this book well after I finished it.

This was my first novel from Colleen Hoover and loved it so much I went on to more of her books and finished Hopeless and Slammed already.
Amazing author and recommend her to anyone who wants an emotional rollercoaster for a novel. 10 out of 10!
DaisyMay29

Post by DaisyMay29 »

Excited to read this book after reading all your reviews.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”