Review of Second Chances

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Second Chances

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Second Chances" by B. E. Stalter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Emilia comes from a troubled family. She has no stable man to consider a father, as her abusive mother keeps changing men gradually. When her cruel mother chases her out of her house, Emilia ends up in Iain Andersen's arms and residence. Fast forward, they are married. However, Iain ended up being verbally and emotionally abusive. Also, he was cold-hearted and an infidel until he lost his battle with cancer. Emilia partially blames herself for her husband's nature because she never fully loved him. Instead, the man whose Emilia's heart and soul belong to, Michael, left for Montana while they were teenagers many years ago.

Michael and Emilia had developed a bond strong enough to make an impact in both their lives over thirty years later. She longed to meet and marry him one day. Unbeknownst to Michael, he left Emilia pregnant, but the child was taken instantly by her mum after birth. Emilia has received a job opportunity in Montana with favorable living conditions and has decided to take on the offer. Will Michael's and Emilia's paths cross while in Montana? Better still, after decades of separation, can they rekindle their love if they happen to meet? Second Chances by B. E. Stalter will answer these questions.

I disdained several aspects. One, the book flashes back to Emilia's life without warning. As a result, a reader may get lost if not keen enough. Additionally, the author seemed to overdo the male characters' physiques. It seems like a handsome man has to be over six feet, be broad-shouldered, and his arms and chest be muscled. I mean, a man with an average height and body can be super attractive too.

Furthermore, all juicy contents have been revealed in chapter one. That includes how Emilia and Michael met, made love, and later the latter and his family moved to a different location. Consequently, I feel like there wasn't enough suspense build-up in the first chapters.

That said, let's dive right into the admirable aspects of the installment. First, the story was crafted expertly enough to evoke deep emotions in me. Emilia was mistreated by her mother and husband, and the illustrations of her suffering were so well done that I could feel her pain. In addition, I had expressed discontent with this book's prequel; the chapters were unnamed, making it difficult to identify the location I was reading. Fortunately, this book had its chapters labeled. It was a worthy improvement.

There are insinuations of infidelity in marriages, profanity, and erotic scenes. Therefore, readers below 18 years are unsuitable for this publication. There were no grammatical errors; therefore, the book is professionally edited. The story was engaging, and the language was simple to comprehend. Even so, I deduct one star for the reasons mentioned above. I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to lovers of romance.

Second Chances
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I hate that Emilia blamed herself for her husband's abusive behavior. Sadly this is usually the case with victims of abuse nowadays and it makes it difficult to eradicate domestic abuse. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Rica Baje
Currently Reading: Links In The Chain
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Rica Baje »

Its just like what they say, troubled family make troubled children. Its just sad how Emilia suffer the same fate as her mother with her husband. Every woman deserves to be respected. I look forward to reading the whole book and knowing that Emilia ang Michael meet and have her fate change.
Vernick chambers
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vernick chambers »

When living in abusive homes it forces u to make bad decisions I hope Emilia will see Michael again her true love and both of them build a future together

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”