Review of Into the Hand of a Woman

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Into the Hand of a Woman

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Into the Hand of a Woman" by Carla C. Ohse.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every so often, we have to go the extra mile to fight for what we believe is right. Even if it means flouting a few rules, the bigger picture is always worth the fight. Into the Hand of a Woman by Carla C. Ohse is an inspirational read about standing up for women whose rights are constantly abused. When Deborah Miller (Deb), a New York judge, rules over a mail-order bride case, grief overwhelms her when she learns the lady was a victim of human trafficking.

When Deborah learns of women trafficking in Israel, she takes a four-month sabbatical leave to go and look into the matter. She is convinced she can save the ladies from the misery of being trafficked. When Deb lands in Israel, she realizes, unlike New York, Israel is about survival and looking over your shoulder. With nothing other than courage and faith in God, Miller is determined to put a stop to these atrocities. Delicately, the author includes romance, where Deb finds herself desiring an Israeli soldier, Barry.

I enjoyed that there were biblical aspects in the book. To be more specific, there are mentions of Jerusalem, the Sea of Galilee, and the setting of the story is majorly in Israel. Since I know the cities included in the Bible, I followed the tale smoothly. Additionally, I learned of Israel's diverse culture.

Carla's prowess as a talented author is visible by how she transports a reader to various locations with expertise. When Deborah landed in Afula, its surroundings were enough to inform a reader that the city is a Third World landscape. And John, a desk clerk in a local hotel Deborah was residing was humorous. As the hotel had no elevator, he tells Deborah not to die in the hotel room because moving a dead body down the stairs would be exhausting. I laughed uncontrollably!

There are graphic elucidations of killings and bloody scenes. I only found a few errors; as a result, the book is well edited. It is not every day you encounter a story that is poignant yet interesting at the same time. Deb's courage to help Middle East women being unjustly exploited was something that moved my heart to bits. Furthermore, I did not find anything to dislike; therefore, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to feminists. Also, readers who enjoy novels with adventures on menacing grounds will find this installment a worthy read.

Into the Hand of a Woman
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: Devine Enquiries by Martin Hull

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Deb sounds like a courageous woman with a good sense of justice. I hope she succeeds in her quest. Thanks for the engaging review.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

I am loving Deb already as the main character of the book. Her fight for justice guided by her faith in God is so inspiring. I am going to definitely get this book, I have to know what happens! Thank you so much for your great review!
Mimidee Vanilly
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimidee-vanilly.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Mimidee Vanilly »

Human trafficking is always been concerned year after year, and it never stops as long as there is poverty in a country.
I'm glad that this book brings up this story, so we all were reminded.
Your excellent review can attract people to read this book. Thank you.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I wonder what attracts Deb to Barry. I also wonder if Barry helps her accomplish her goal. Seeing them stop human trafficking while falling in love sounds interesting. Nice review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”