Review of The Original Bachelor

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of The Original Bachelor

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Original Bachelor" by Eric Bohling.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Original Bachelor by Eric Bohling is the author's true-life story that primarily explores his journey through finding a wife. Eric Bohling was a farmer from Auburn, Nebraska, and after living life on his own terms for years, he was thirty-four years old and ready for a wife and children. Nevertheless, he did not connect with any of the women he had met so far. An arrangement for a trip to Tegucigalpa, Honduras, would present a glimmer of hope for Eric, as he was on his way to meet over two hundred women, one of whom he hoped would be his missing piece. We commence this journey with Eric on his flight to Honduras in June 1994. Will he find his heart desire, or does God have something else planned for him?

Just like everyone Eric told that he was going to Honduras for the sole purpose of finding a wife, I was quite surprised and intrigued at the same time, with questions revolving around the circumstances that led him to this unique decision. Eric provides these answers adequately while dishing out several applicable life lessons that readers will benefit from.

While the book centers on the author's quest for a wife, he takes us back through flashbacks to certain people and moments that shaped his personality, including his family, growing and working on his family's farm, his earliest dating experiences, and school life. Eric Bohling expertly draws readers into these moments, and before you know it, you will be drawn to who he is and root for him on his journey. I was particularly drawn to his determination to decide to go all the way despite past disappointments, the distance, and the communication barrier since he couldn't speak Spanish. He also drew attention to the level of poverty in Honduras, but he would not be discouraged.

Another element of the book I enjoyed was the author's faith. He is very passionate about God and never seizes the opportunity to show God's love and presence through his actions. I found this passion contagious and got to learn a few things about trusting God and living according to his plan above my plan. As simple as it sounds, a lot of people do not understand what this entails, and the author's story shines a light on this.

Furthermore, Eric Bohling's writing style is not overly technical or descriptive. He keeps it as simple as possible, but his good sense of humor and passion for things he really cares about shine through to spice up the story. Also, the book's editing is noteworthy, as I did not find any errors while reading, ensuring that my reading flow was uninterrupted throughout.

Overall, The Original Bachelor is an entertaining read that will impact readers' lives positively. I cannot think of anything I dislike about the book. Therefore, The Original Bachelor deserves a rating of four out of four stars. Readers who enjoy biographies and love stories will enjoy this book.

The Original Bachelor
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

I like the fact that author kept his writing style simple instead of overly technical. Also I am curious if he finds himself a wife in Honduras. Thank you for your wonderful review!
🌻🌼
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

I like the themes discussed in this book. They are very strong and relevant themes. The good writing style of the author would help in understanding the message he intends to pass across. Seems like a good book for people in the journey of love. I would love to read this.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

The title is very interesting. I want to know why or how the author came up to that title. It gives me Regency romance vibes where a man is trying to find a wife. Thank you for your review!
Mimidee Vanilly
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimidee-vanilly.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Mimidee Vanilly »

For some people having a wife or husband is an encouragement out of habit. And the motivation usually comes from family, friends or the environment. But Eric told something else, his desire to have a wife he entrusted to God. He sought, but not only out of impulse but also his faith in God.
This makes the book become interesting. And your wonderful review could explain that. Thank you.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Having a wife and starting up a family is a beautiful thing,interesting story and nice review.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I loved the title and the book cover they are both captivating. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the detailed review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Eric sounds like quite an enigma and I would like to find out whether he finds a wife. Thank you for your review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
nica fermin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nica fermin »

I loved the title and the book cover they are both captivating. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the detailed review.
Rahulhbk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rahulhbk »

I like the themes discussed in this book. They are very strong and relevant themes.Seems like a good book for people in the journey of love. I like the book writing style . I would love to read this
Last edited by Rahulhbk on 21 Sep 2021, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Marriage is a blessing, having children is more beautiful, I think I find this book Intresting, thanks for the honest review.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Eric has sure been on quite the journey to find love! I hope his trip to Honduras proved to be successful and he found a loving wife. Great review!
Andyjovita510
Favorite Book: When God Says No
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Andyjovita510 »

The journey of finding a wife is never easy....you meet a lot of women but you find it difficult to meet a wife
lightsammy
Currently Reading: And Throw Away The Skins
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lightsammy.html
Latest Review: The Bronze Bear by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by lightsammy »

I'm sure the title alone would attract a lot of attention. Funny as it may sound, this is definitely a must-read book. Finding a good wife can be a fun adventure at times, with so many beautiful women around you yet having to travel all the way to Honduras just for that sole purpose :D :D :D. I have a feeling there's more to that journey, hence, I'm pinning this book down for a later read :P .

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”