Review of Your Hands Are Mine

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Review of Your Hands Are Mine

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Hands Are Mine" by H. Atmenmeer.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Plain-faced and unremarkable Evee has been obsessed with the uber-famous boy-bander, AdamA, for years. He is the epitome of perfection—sexy, talented, and way out of her league. She follows his career meticulously, fantasizing about getting close to him. She even manages to get a job as the band's roadie. He has access to the most beautiful women in the world; there is no way he'd ever notice someone like Evee.

Then one day, as if her prayers had been answered, AdamA stumbles into her room. Both willing participants engage in a secret dalliance. Evee relishes every moment with her beloved heartthrob as she expects it will be a one-time thing. But, AdamA can't seem to get enough of her—seeking her out and wanting more. Still, it's against the rules for the band to get involved with the help. They can't be found out, or Evee's job is toast. But secrets are meant to be spoiled, and someone is watching the couple—waiting for the perfect moment to blow the whistle.

Your Hands Are Mine by H. Atmenmeer is an erotic fiction story that chronicles the sexcapades of Evee and her celebrity crush. The book is told from the third-person perspective and mostly follows Evee, but sometimes switches to AdamA's view. Throughout the book, the infatuated couple must work through issues such as trust and jealousy while also keeping their lusty encounters away from curious eyes.

The cover was aesthetically pleasing, but unfortunately, that's where my interest began and ended. The book lacked a clear plotline, and the erotic scenes were about as sexy as scrubbing my floors. With no palpable chemistry between AdamA and Evee, the lovemaking was lackluster and robotic. In my opinion, a successful erotic story should focus on developing characters and slowly building tension between them. Instead, Your Hands Are Mine took one-dimensional personalities, pushed them into bed together, and expected it to be exciting. Further, during a sensual scene, a conversation about venereal diseases left me scratching my head—talk about killing the mood! Needless to say, it didn't translate well off the pages.

Another thing that I disliked was the lack of imaginative sentences. The author had a penchant for repeating words in threes, which I found off-putting. For example, while describing the intensity of AdamA's eyes, the author, on numerous pages, described them as "blue, blue, blue," which was somewhat juvenile. With a myriad of possible adjectives to utilize, it seemed silly to settle on something so ordinary.

Despite the many undesirable qualities the book possessed, I applaud the author for writing something unconventional. Characters like Evee are rarely sought after in erotic fiction. The main character is usually a curvaceous, buxom beauty with a twenty-four-inch waist that exists only to satisfy her male partner. I loved how the main character wasn't conventionally beautiful but was still the object of desire. Kudos to the author for that!

In regards to the caliber of writing, the book was riddled with errors. Within the first quarter of the book, I'd already found ten. The biggest offender was missing commas, resulting in some of the longest run-on sentences I've seen. Your Hands Are Mine would most certainly benefit from several rounds of editing as it was obviously not edited by a professional. With that being said, I have chosen to give the book a rating of one out of four stars because of the issues mentioned above and the lack of character development and anticlimatic sex scenes.

Due to the explicit content of the story, I wouldn't recommend it to readers who find graphic sex scenes offensive. Also, for avid readers of romance and erotic fiction, I would dissuade them from reading Your Hands Are Mine. The characters are not developed and have zero chemistry, making their encounters a snooze-fest. Furthermore, the storyline lacks substance and direction, which can disappoint those looking for an all-encompassing read. But, on the contrary, if you enjoy rooting for the underdog and reading stories that represent various body types and looks, you may find it intriguing.

Your Hands Are Mine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

As I read the first paragraph of the review, I thought it's only an obsession of a fan. I never thought that such 'thing' will happen. But I think I have to pass on this one. It's not hard to give an honest review, but you did. Nice review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

Sounds like a romance novel. I like your review.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Am a lover of romance stories,am adding this book to my book shelves,beautiful review.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

I was caught off guard by your rating. Despite the fact, the author has the potential in the field in some instances, and in my opinion. Perhaps, it’s just the error that every author I perceive is inevitably committing. No one is perfect, but this needs to be critically addressed in publishing a book. Good review!
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

This seems like a bad Wattpad story. The plot was already questionable: add one-dimensional characters and a writing full of errors and it's not the best recipe. Thank you for the review nonetheless :)
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

Your Hands Are Mine by H. Atmenmeer is an erotic fiction story that transcends the reader to a wild and romantic string of events. Although this book may appeal to those who love romance, I think the storyline is not as captivating as it could be. Thanks for this review!
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Despite the book’s deficiencies, I still love it. Thank you for the sincere review though.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I appreciate your detailed and honest review. I agree that the cover of the book is intriguing and I might have picked it to read based on that alone. I guess sometimes it depends on our mood to read a certain book and your review explains exactly who might want to dive into this story.
-Amy
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love to read romance novels with erotic sex scenes, this book interests me and I would love to read more about it, thanks for the honest review.
Primrose Mhlanga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primrose-mhlanga.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Primrose Mhlanga »

Thank you for the insightful review. I admit that it an honest review allows for growth, especially for the writer, and help evaluate mistakes made. Despite the low rating, I think it is only fair that we can read it especially if it brings a new sense of indivisibility to those not previously represented in many bestsellers. It's a start and I hope the writer grows in their writing skills.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I think when you write a good plotline in bad writing and bad editing, the good plotline will all go to waste. When I was reading your review, I was interested in it because it has a good plotline, why only one star? Then as I read further, you truly justified that one star. I don't think I'll be reading this. Thanks for the review.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

AdamA seems like a very handsome character with great personality.
Great review🍀
:tiphat:
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

The book had its short-comings. But I enjoyed the review.
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html

Post by Asfiya Z »

Even though this book has a lot of flaws, I still have a liking for it. Thank you for the honest review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”