Review of Intensive Therapy

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Review of Intensive Therapy

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Intensive Therapy" by Jeffrey Deitz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jeffery Deitz is a psychiatrist who practiced in Connecticut. He has several publications with media outlets like the New York Times, the Huffington Post, and so on. Intensive Therapy is his first book, and with a little under 400 pages, it has won my heart.

Victoria Schoen began therapy with Jonas Speller, and they soon get fond of each other. But the circumstances aren’t right, so they part ways. Several years later, Victoria gets married to Martin, and they have two kids together, but Melinda, the older child, starts having psychological issues and needs a therapist. Victoria is now forced to call Jonas, her therapist from years ago, to help her daughter. But it’s not just Melinda who needs help, and things soon get out of hand. It is now up to Jonas to help Victoria keep her marriage intact, but you’d have to read this book to see how everything turned out.

It’s hard to believe that this is Jeffery Deitz’s first book because of how good it is. He writes straightforwardly, so everything is easy to understand. Even when Jonas talked about medical-related things, I was able to understand and even learn new things because the author used his experience in the field of psychiatry and medicine to simplify the explanation. The storyline was very eventful. The characters were all dynamic and easy to remember. I could relate to Victoria’s frustration with Melinda, and when Melinda threw that figurine at her mother, I was just as surprised and disappointed as Victoria was.

This book has the perfect amount of suspense, and I couldn’t put it down to do anything else because I was eager to turn to the next page. I also enjoyed reading about Jonas Speller. At first, I didn’t think of him as a character I would love, but as I learned more about him, I began to admire him for his strong will and his devotion to his patients and his family. He went out during a snowstorm to help Victoria and Martin when their children were in danger. I didn’t hate anything about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because the author has done a great job putting together the storyline and plot of this book. I also enjoyed reading this book, and I believe it is an exceptionally well-edited book. I recommend this book for adults over the age of 18 who are interested in family drama. Adults who like psychology might also find this book interesting.

Intensive Therapy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

It's interesting how two people who parted ways can meet again. I love stories like this, it's wonderful.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Mental health is very important,I hope Victoria and Melinda gets the help they need,nice review
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I hope the love between Jonas and Victoria do not rekindle while trying to help her with her marriage.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

I can sense how fascinated you were with the author’s strategy, and by this, you hooked me to read this book. Thanks for this review!
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Such an intriguing story, I hope Victoria and Melinda gets through all the challenges at the end, nice review.
Christmas 98
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Christmas 98 »

Really love this ... seeing people who parted ways before and later get together is a thing of joy ...and most importantly mental wellness is very important.. thanks for the review
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

The storyline is intriguing. I know somebody with mental health issues so this topic is interesting to me. Thanks for your review.
Mallory Jose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-jose.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mallory Jose »

Wow this sounds like a very interesting plot! I did not think this would be a suspenseful book from the cover. I will definitely check this out!
Ochieng Omuodo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Intrepid Brotherhood
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-omuodo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ochieng Omuodo »

I must admit that when I started reading this review I had written off this book, described as having ‘a little under 400 pages’, as a technical area about which I have no interest in reading. It turns out that it is, in fact a story rather than a guide. Phew!
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

This book sounds interesting. It must have felt strange to Victoria to send her daughter to Jonas after she had also been his patient years ago! I hope it did Melinda some good to have therapy! Thanks for the great review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Michaeljerry309 wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 15:50 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Intensive Therapy" by Jeffrey Deitz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jeffery Deitz is a psychiatrist who practiced in Connecticut. He has several publications with media outlets like the New York Times, the Huffington Post, and so on. Intensive Therapy is his first book, and with a little under 400 pages, it has won my heart.

Victoria Schoen began therapy with Jonas Speller, and they soon get fond of each other. But the circumstances aren’t right, so they part ways. Several years later, Victoria gets married to Martin, and they have two kids together, but Melinda, the older child, starts having psychological issues and needs a therapist. Victoria is now forced to call Jonas, her therapist from years ago, to help her daughter. But it’s not just Melinda who needs help, and things soon get out of hand. It is now up to Jonas to help Victoria keep her marriage intact, but you’d have to read this book to see how everything turned out.

It’s hard to believe that this is Jeffery Deitz’s first book because of how good it is. He writes straightforwardly, so everything is easy to understand. Even when Jonas talked about medical-related things, I was able to understand and even learn new things because the author used his experience in the field of psychiatry and medicine to simplify the explanation. The storyline was very eventful. The characters were all dynamic and easy to remember. I could relate to Victoria’s frustration with Melinda, and when Melinda threw that figurine at her mother, I was just as surprised and disappointed as Victoria was.

This book has the perfect amount of suspense, and I couldn’t put it down to do anything else because I was eager to turn to the next page. I also enjoyed reading about Jonas Speller. At first, I didn’t think of him as a character I would love, but as I learned more about him, I began to admire him for his strong will and his devotion to his patients and his family. He went out during a snowstorm to help Victoria and Martin when their children were in danger. I didn’t hate anything about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because the author has done a great job putting together the storyline and plot of this book. I also enjoyed reading this book, and I believe it is an exceptionally well-edited book. I recommend this book for adults over the age of 18 who are interested in family drama. Adults who like psychology might also find this book interesting.

Intensive Therapy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Most likely there is a twist of attachment to first love. I love the review. I would really want to know what caused strain on Victoria’s marriage and how it got resolved
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Milothehippo
Currently Reading: The Etymologicon
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Milothehippo »

The story to me sounds peaceful somehow as the psychiatrist seems to have a kind way of thinking and reaction. I wonder if my opinion would change after reading this book. Thank you for your review!
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I'm glad I read your review. I probably would have passed on it because I wasn't paying attention to it being a novel. The sample also had me hooked. Thanks for the review!
-Amy
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

The mix of psychotherapy and mystery/suspense will make for a good read. And, I wonder what caused Melinda to act so violently towards her mother.
Thanks for this informative and succinct review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”