Review of Nzntucket Summer

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review of Nzntucket Summer

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nzntucket Summer" by Gerard Shirar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nantucket Summer is a historical romance novel written by Gerard Shirar and published in 2006 by iUniverse. At 172 Kindle edition pages, this one can easily be read in one sitting due to the length as well as the captivating premise of the story itself. The story starts with an introduction of seventy-one-year-old Greg Williamson who has recently lost his wife and is planning to travel to visit his sister. During his packing, he comes across a box and his mind is flooded with memories of the summer of 1946 while he was working on Nantucket Island. What follows is a story that is full of emotion and recollection that will stay with readers long after finishing the story.

The main character in the story, Greg, has just graduated high school when he goes to work on Nantucket Island in 1946. Though he is young and inexperienced in life, his character is remarkably selfless and dedicated to betterment. The story is shared from his perspective and told with a sense of humbleness that is respectable and commendable. The author does a fantastic job of establishing secondary characters that bring this story to life and share a sense of relatability with readers. The story contains a significant love interest, showcases the main character's determination for success, and shares the story of a man who credits a large portion of who he is now in life to that long summer on Nantucket Island.

Despite this being a rather quick read, the way the author shares the story gave a feeling that I was transported back to that summer with Greg and the other characters and was experiencing their summer first-hand. There were a few minor grammatical errors along the way, but I was so enthralled by the story that I was able to continue reading without hesitation.

The story has a well-developed plot and showcases characters with significant character development as the story expands. The main character changes during the summer from and naive young man into a remarkably strong and responsible man who has spent a summer growing and developing.

Nantucket Summer is a must-read for anyone who enjoys historical fiction, specifically historical romance. I'm honored to share my rating of 4 out of 4 stars and would highly recommend this one. Although I did share my findings of grammatical errors scattered in the novel, they were minuscule enough to not lower my rating.

Nzntucket Summer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I've been hyping up for historical fiction so much lately that I'm super ready to grab this one. This book seems perfect in all aspects, thanks for a great review!
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

I'm not really into reading romance but I'm sure that this would be a good read. Good review.
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

This sounds like such a good short read. I especially love the time period its set in, I am a vintage soul at heart! I will have to pick this one up! Thank you for a great review!
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The plot is an intriguing one. I love historical romance novels. I would love to read this book. Good review.
Temitope Adedapo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Temitope Adedapo »

I love historical romance and this is a great book about historical romance
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This story sounds like a great time reminiscing in Nantucket. I wonder if that is when Greg met the woman who would become his wife.
Thank you for your review and recommendation! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”