Review of Walking In Deep Sand

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Walking In Deep Sand

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Walking In Deep Sand" by V.C. Williams.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Walking In Deep Sand by V.C. Williams is a book that talks about a woman and her pursuit to find the true meaning of love. It explores the themes of redemption, family, and decision-making.

The true events inspire the novel, and it tells the story of Cynthia, a lady determined to find her path away from her family. To achieve her goal of being independent and making a name for herself, she travels to France to further her education. She leaves with her future planned out while depending on the trust fund entitled to her. She meets Geoff, and their journey as friends commence. Her world came crashing when her trust fund was exhausted by her father, leaving her with a meager sum. This setback allows her to make critical decisions. Read this book to learn from her journey.

The character of Cynthia depicts the attitude of an average human. We all have goals that we plan and prepare for; this is what Cynthia desired. This made me love the book because it did not build a fairytale plot. I was able to understand her character and the reasons for the decisions she made. Sometimes, her decision is based on compromise, and this is not a strange term. One way or another, we have had to settle for things different from our initial plan. Although she made some negative decisions, I still loved her character. She was able to deliver her relevance towards the development of the story.

Another thing I loved in the book was the flow of continuity. V.C. Williams takes readers through the various stages of the maturity of the characters. This is done effectively without confusion. This can be illustrated through the smooth transition of another character, Randy, from childhood to young age.

The portray of the negative decisions made by the characters without condemning their personality also captivated me. This can be seen when Geoff, out of an unrelated pent-up feeling, beats Randy. The author could have used that act to condemn Geoff by creating a negative view to the reader, but this is not what the author did. The author instead opened the reader's eyes to the wrongdoing of his character while creating the feeling of pity and realization. I love how the characters were designed to pass across specific messages without neglecting their roles.

I noticed a few grammatical errors, but this did not affect my reading experience. The book was professionally edited, and there is nothing I dislike in the book. I love the way the author connects with the reader through each character.

Therefore, I rate Walking In Deep Sand 4 out of 4 stars because I found it relatable, inspiring, and educative. I recommend the book to people who are faced with regrets concerning their decisions.

Walking In Deep Sand
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Truly inspired . A great book and a great review.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

The storyline of this book is great, I would love to know what her next step would be. Great review.
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Cynthia seems like a wonderful character, but the plot feels a bit underwhelming. I think I'll skip this one.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Am totally inspired by reading this review, I would definitely like to add this to my book shelves.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

A book that transcends us to a different time phase and point of view of Cynthia. It seems like the author made a character with an excellent portrayal base on your review. Thanks!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Well developed characters are a need for me when reading and this novel seems to have plenty of them! I hope Cynthia can achieve her goals of independence and find love as well. Great review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”