Review of Cabos Carousel

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Review of Cabos Carousel

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cabos Carousel" by B. L. Cope.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Thirty-three-year-old Samantha Ora has a comfortable life and a flourishing career as a corporate analyst. She lost her husband two years ago in a case of mistaken identity, and she couldn’t bring herself to love anyone else again. One night, their company decided to organize a party. There, Samantha met a charming man named Antonio, who came from Cape Verde, Africa. With the help of her friend, Samantha went on a vacation to the island of Sao Vicente, inevitably running into Antonio again. As Samantha finds herself wanting to open her heart for another man, life challenges will test her to her limits. But will Samantha be able to get through it all in the end?

The book takes you to a tropical paradise. I was able to picture the images that the author described, as the descriptions were very detailed. I enjoyed learning about the culture, history, and traditional beliefs that were native to this place. I appreciated some of the knowledge that the author shared, as it was obvious how much B. L. Cope knew about the subject. In this book, I learned that the African tradition believes that the ritual of igniting a fire can keep evil spirits at bay.

Cabos Carousel is ultimately a romance novel. There isn’t much criticism to raise about the progression of Samantha and Antonio’s relationship. In my opinion, their love story developed in a way that only made sense. Some obstacles came their way, testing the strength of their emotional bond. There were factors, both predictable and unpredictable, that contributed to these challenges. One of them was the inner turmoil within Samantha, which became one of the factors that spurred the conflict in the novel. I liked how the author used Samantha’s past as a conflict in the narrative, which made me sympathize with her character better. I disliked nothing in this book.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I like the descriptive writing. I like how you can get so much more than a romance story from this book, as there are dialogues about history and culture as well. I found ten minor errors in the book, so I subtracted a star. This made me conclude that the book wasn’t edited carefully.

The book was still a worthwhile read regardless of its flaws. I would recommend this book to readers with an appetite for a summer love story. The book is short. You can easily finish this in one sitting if you’re just looking for a book to pass the time. The novel would also be ideal for people who want to travel to Cape Verde, as it mentioned a lot of popular travel destinations within the area.

Cabos Carousel
View: on Bookshelves
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book is full of perfect descriptions. Many scenes can be imagined in detail. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”