Review of Her Cyclonic Mind

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mukoan M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mukoan-m.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review of Her Cyclonic Mind

Post by Mukoan M »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Her Cyclonic Mind" by Beccy Louu.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love is a strange feeling, that once you fall in love, it can be either a beautiful thing or catastrophic. The book Her Cyclonic Mind by Beccy Louu is a love story of Marcus and Helena, but wait, this is not your orthodox love story that you often read every other day. Marcus has been living a peaceful life with his single mom since his father left them when he was still a toddler. His mom found solace in Marcus and the two lived for each other. Marcus is a typical young man in his early twenties and living a carefree life having fun with girls one after the other. Even though he lived a carefree life, he had a sense of responsibility, as he was working to support his mom. Marcus was working at a petrol station when his Uncle Mark offered him a job at his deli of which he gladly accepted as he was tired of working at the petrol station. While working at his uncle's deli, Marcus falls in love with a new temp lady named Helena. Marcus tried his best to stay away from Helena. One night she made the first move and told him that he was her boyfriend leaving Marcus with immense joy. Little did he know that his life would never be the same, that a strong storm was brewing in his life in which there was no escape route for him.

Helena is a beautiful 18-year-old unstable girl suffering from bipolar with severe and life-threatening episodes when they occur. Growing up with no parents, her lack of love combined with her illness made her seek love and comfort in all the wrong places that she became a sex addict. I don't think she even knows how many people she has had encounters with herself. While Helena was addicted to sex, Marcus’s addiction was Helena because no matter how much he tried to stay away from her to save himself from the emotional ache, he always wounds up back in front of her door. Marcus was determined to tame her and make her reciprocate the love despite everyone's disapproval of their relationship, and his mom was no exception. Their relationship was not a conventional one. While Marcus battled with his feelings for her, Helena's battle was with her cyclonical mind.

Marcus's love for Helena often left him emotionally broken as he discovers one secret after the other about her life. Irrespective of all the revelations, he continues to love her unconditionally, understanding that she is mentally unstable and all she needs is someone to show her love and care. They say love conquers everything, read this book to find if this statement is true to Marcus’s love for Helena. The book took me on an emotional rollercoaster together with Marcus. I applaud Beccy for telling such a compelling story that reminds us of the emotional and physical pain that people with mental illness, along with their loved ones go through daily. It also exposes the harsh reality of how society treats those with mental illness which was heartbreaking. It's only through awareness that we can understand, love, and better support those with mental illness.

The only thing I didn't like about Marcus's love for Helena is that it turned him into what I would call a slave and stupid as some of the things he was willing to accept everything in the name of love were just absurd. I also felt that even though Helena was mentally unstable, some of the decisions she took, she was fully aware of what she was doing. She often acted oblivious to Marcus's love for her and repeatedly took advantage of him.

I would recommend the book for people who like romance, love, and family stories. It is also a good book for mental awareness reading.

What I said above does not take away the fact that this is a well-written book with professional editing. For this, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading this book. The book kept me hooked as I wanted to know more about Marcus's unconditional love for Helena.

Her Cyclonic Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

Love is beautiful, but it leaves you shattered when it doesn't go well. I love the review.
Abdulrahman A 10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abdulrahman A 10 »

:shock: Wow this book is completely relatable to how individual can get addicted to another individual via their kinda mentality. It's wonderful how the book shows how one person has the ability to change the flow of destiny drastically. I applaud the author
Mukoan M
Currently Reading:

Post by Mukoan M »

Nazzy_ wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 17:21 Love is beautiful, but it leaves you shattered when it doesn't go well. I love the review.
So true Nazzy_. Thank you for reading the review.
Mukoan M
Currently Reading:

Post by Mukoan M »

Abdulrahman A 10 wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 18:58 :shock: Wow this book is completely relatable to how individual can get addicted to another individual via their kinda mentality. It's wonderful how the book shows how one person has the ability to change the flow of destiny drastically. I applaud the author
The author really did well in portraying that "Abdulrahman A 10". Thank you for dropping a comment.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Her Cyclonic Mind sounds like a perfect read📖 for 🍕🏠🎉 weekends.
Great review🍀🤓
:tiphat:
Mukoan M
Currently Reading:

Post by Mukoan M »

Humera955 wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 08:26 Her Cyclonic Mind sounds like a perfect read📖 for 🍕🏠🎉 weekends.
Great review🍀🤓
Go ahead Humera955, its a good one.
Thank u🙏
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I think this is why we should analyze our relationships well, since love can both be a catastrophe or a blessing. We should take into account on how we will manage the relationship, and if we are ready for its ups and downs. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”