Review of within the stars

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of within the stars

Post by Melisa Jane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "within the stars" by rachel lavita.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is mysterious. No one has a script for how everyone should live. While some people find it easy to find the love of their lives and get married, others follow a completely different path. Some people can get into several relationships without finding their soulmates. This, however, doesn't mean they are doomed. With patience, everything eventually works out. Even if it doesn't, they eventually find peace within themselves. My Life as Regina by Rachel Lavita is a fictional novel that narrates about the lives of three siblings: Natalie, Rochella, and Rodolfo, and their journey to finding true love.

Rodolfo, Natalie, and Rochella are siblings. Their father, Jerome, is a rich and famous banker. The kids' grandmother once told them that it's better to be married young. On her sixteenth birthday, Natalie meets the love of her life, Fred. After dating for a year, they get married. Rodolfo, her brother, is older. At twenty-one, he has dated a good number of girls. After turning twenty-three, he engages and later marries Martha. However, Rochella isn't as lucky as her siblings. She struggles with disability, education, and love.

This book has ninety-two pages. It is divided into five chapters. Although love and marriage are the major themes in this book, there are several other minor themes, such as education, disability, friendship and betrayal, and family relations. The book is written from the third person's point of view and in the past tense.

I only liked how well the characters were developed. Natalie, for example, is a beautiful and outgoing girl. She is admired by many men. Although she isn't as smart as her sister, she knows what she wants and goes for it.

There are several things I didn't like about this book. First, the storyline is very plain. The author didn't use suspense or any twists and turns. Normally, I'd read ninety-two pages in one sitting. However, with this book, I had to take several breaks as it didn't give me any reason to turn to the next page. Second, when I picked this book, I thought it was titled Within the Stars. I'm not sure why the title on the first page of the book is different. Third, most of the dialogues are in Italian. Sometimes the dialogues occupy up to half of the page. The author didn't provide translations or hints of what the characters were saying. Fourth, I found over ten grammatical errors within the first ten pages of the book. It should, therefore, be re-edited.

In conclusion, the author concentrated on character development and forgot to develop the plot of the book. I, therefore, rate it 2 out of 4 stars. I didn't rate it 1 out of 4 stars because the author did well with the character development. I didn't rate it 3 out of 4 stars or higher because of the aforementioned flaws. I recommend it to those who like books about love and relationship. Those who can't read and understand Italian may not enjoy it.

within the stars
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The main aim is to be happy. Finding true love is can be quite devastating. I love the review.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Reading through your review, I actually pitied Rochella. She seems to be the unlucky one. I hope she finds joy in other parts of her life. Great review. Well done.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

My heart bleeds for Rochella, I hope she thrived in other aspects of her life. Disability does not mean inability. She is also very valuable. Awesome review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

sounds like an interesting story kind of resembles my family's story only my brother is the one who hasn't married yet, good reveiw
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Seems like an interesting romance novel for weekend๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽ‰
Great review๐Ÿค“
:tiphat:
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

This book seems like it can teach the reader many lessons. But a plain plot is never fun and can be very tiresome to read. Nice review.

Return to โ€œRomance and Erotic Booksโ€