Review of Ellen Got The Girl (A Corona Virus Love Story)

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laura Britos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-victoria2002.html
Latest Review: The Last Time I Saw Alice by Richard Kirschenbaum

Review of Ellen Got The Girl (A Corona Virus Love Story)

Post by Laura Britos »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ellen Got The Girl (A Corona Virus Love Story)" by Francine Rena Fried.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ellen Got The Girl (A Corona Virus Love Story) by Francine Rena Fried is a written piece that feels like a slam poetry notebook. It has all the elements of a romance and drama book, mixed up with hints of erotic poetry, allowing readers to dive into one story that is all over the place. The book dwells upon Ellen and her sudden life change when met with Kate, who quite literally turns her world upside down. It describes what happens now in Ellen´s life, but also takes a look at her past and ponders on what her future will be after facing critical events.

I must say that at first, I was not very convinced about the plot since it felt like a journal in which the author wrote something that clouded her mind but had no guideline or specific theme. This detail was perhaps the one thing I did not enjoy about the book: her lack of consistency when referring to different events in the character's lives, the obnoxious use of back and forth in her writing, and the overall messiness of the story that might confuse readers.

However, the author manages to get past that rocky start and develops a very interesting story. It is a mix of many themes which I liked, and I think readers will like it as well.

The book explores different themes at the same time, and although it is quite short and follows a more disorganized pattern of writing, we get to see the bigger picture by putting the pieces of the different storylines together. In addition, I was quite surprised to see how sexuality is such a focal point of the story. Yet the book never feels sexual, certainly, Fried wanted to write erotic poetry and express her feelings about this topic. The author manages to touch on this subject with a lot of respect and represents how it can become the main focus in relationships.

All in all, the book made me feel like I was reading someone's diary or letters from different times. I did not understand many details that perhaps the author takes for granted, and I would have liked to see its development. I think readers will enjoy this piece and find themselves contemplating their coronavirus lockdown stories. I give this book 3 out of 4 stars since I found some grammatical mistakes and some disorganized patterns of writing.

Ellen Got The Girl (A Corona Virus Love Story)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This book is made up of different elements. I love the author's style of writing. I would love to read this book. Good review.
Starilanka Glowy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starilanka-glowy.html
Latest Review: Stupid Divorce by Vincent Fudge II

Post by Starilanka Glowy »

A rocky start can be quite a turnoff, but am glad to know that it gets better along the way. I enjoyed reading your review. Good job!
Nkosikhona Gumede
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nkosikhona Gumede »

Nice book about Corona virus. I like that part :It describes what happens now in Ellen´s life, but also takes a look at her past and ponders on what her future will be after facing critical events.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

I'd love to know more about Ellen's life through the story. You wrote a brilliant review of the book. Well done.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

a book that doesn't have structure and is not organized is not very appealing to read. still the plot I think is attractive. good review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Anyone who is looking for love through the virus will relate to this book. I like drama and romance but I don't think this is a read for me. Nice review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”