Review of Peace in the Abyss

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Review of Peace in the Abyss

Post by Ruth Naomi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Peace in the Abyss" by Tayo Emmanuel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Preye Banigo is a successful lady who co-founded a public relations firm bottom-up. Raised by a single mother with her two sisters, life was not easy for them. With a successful business and a fit body, her next move was building a family with her beloved Kevin. Sadly, her dreams were shattered after Kevin succumbed to lymphoma. After a few unsuccessful hookups, Preye encounters Timi in one of the Roadrunners' charity runs.

Timi comes from a wealthy family where the father controls the household unchallenged, and the apple does not fall far from the tree. Contrastingly, Preye has her life in order and doesn’t desire any man trying to dictate her life. When she learns of Timi’s controlling nature, she’s stuck between marrying him and staying on her own. However, her biological clock is ticking, as she’s almost forty years old. Will Preye fall into the trap of this narcissist?

I enjoyed how Lola was there for Preye. By sacrificing her time to support her best friend when her ex-fiancé died, Lola was more than like family to her. She does not sugarcoat when it comes to Preye’s relationship with Timi. Lola speaks her concerns about him unapologetically. She tries to show Banigo the true colors of Timi, although Preye is too immersed in love to see what is before her eyes.

Preye and her mother, Miriam, challenged me with their sacrifice, determination, and hard work. That’s one aspect I loved most. When Miriam’s husband abandoned her for another lady, she single-handedly took on the mantle of raising Preye and her siblings.

Then we have flashbacks of the characters: their history, past relationships, family matters, etc. What I liked about them is that the author employed them unpredictably. The abruptness helps to keep readers alert so as not to miss any details. The book projects to readers the goodies that a financially stable life can offer. Preye, Timi, Lola, Aisha, among others, could afford massage sessions, lavish dinners, and weekend getaways courtesy of having money.

I encountered very few errors; thus, the book is well edited. The author took me through distinctive Nigerian cuisines, estates, and towns. There were Nigerian dialects whose meanings were enlisted in a glossary. The story is a roller coaster of pain, sadness, love, and other emotions. The ending of this masterpiece makes me wish for a sequel. There was nothing to despise. I rate Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel four out of four stars. I recommend it to women longing for love and feel like they’re running out of time.

Peace in the Abyss
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Women under societal pressure to get married will surely enjoy this one. Great review you have here. Well done.
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

Preye seems like a great character. It is so satisfying to see women rise to financial stability and desire to have a family is so encouraging. Great review.
Richelle T
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Richelle T »

Preye is a strong woman here. It is good to know the true colors of your fiancé than still continue to marry timi.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Well, the book's title brought me here and now I'm convinced that this book intrigues me, and I'd like to learn more about it. Thanks for the review.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Your review of this book has sucked me in! Preye sounds like a character id relate to easily. As far as Timi goes, I hope she can overlook her want to be married and kick him to the curb. Thank you for the amazing review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”