Review of Promising Skies

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Review of Promising Skies

Post by Praise George-kayode »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Promising Skies" by Amapola.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The essence that life holds is in its ups and downs, twists and turns, and its good, bad, and ugly. These elements result in an all-encompassing experience that makes the book worthwhile. Amapola Cabase – Woodward perfectly captures this unique attribute of life in her book titled, Promising Skies.

Promising Skies is the story of Janeera Vivioni, a wonderful and talented singer. She was born to Peggy Vivioni, an American, and Rafael Vivioni, a Mexican singer. The need to avoid her father's wrath drove Janeera to work hard and sharpen her singing skills. By the time she became a young woman, Janeera had grown incredibly well in the art of music and had secured herself a spot in people's hearts.

Despite her rosy musical career, all is not well behind the scenes of Janeera's life. She is made to wrestle with domestic issues that threaten her personal life and career. What were these issues she had to deal with? Read Promising Skies to find out more.

Amapola, who is also a singer, gathers from her experience to give a realistic story and breathe life to the elements of the book. Effortlessly and effectively, she captures the world of music. Her attention to detail can not be missed, as she actively created vivid visual images in the reader's mind. She has also mastered the art of plot twists, surprises, and suspense. The author always has something coming to keep one interested until the last word has been read.

The quality of the story is one of the positive things about the book. It is packed with enough events, plot twists, and flashbacks. Every page has a new thing to offer. The book's diction is also one of its strong points, as the words were easy to understand.

There were fractures in some parts of the book. In a bid to roll out all the events, there were abrupt shifts into new planes of the story. New characters suddenly appear, and the reader is made to get acquainted quickly. In addition to this, in some cases where flashbacks were employed, there were no boundaries. It was all muddled together. It took careful re-reading to figure out that they were flashbacks and not a continuation of the story. I noticed some grammatical and punctuation errors. For these reasons, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend Promising Skies to a mature audience who are interested in the entertainment industry.

Promising Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I think it'll be quite interesting to know more about Janeera's journey. I'm curious to know how the novel proceeds. Great review, thanks!
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

This book looks like an interesting read. Some people have this perfect life on the outside, that you wouldn't know what they are battling on the inside.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”