Review of Loneliness in the Pocket

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Loneliness in the Pocket

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Loneliness in the Pocket" by Graeme Stuckings.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pete has been unfortunate in the love department, having endured three divorces in courtrooms. One marriage nearly finished him financially. In another, he lost a posh house and a dog, and another marriage nearly destroyed him. He felt as though he had reached his endurance limit in the love and marriage sector.

Then one day he receives a call from his mum asking him to attend a family party, and he should not miss it! At the party, he encounters a lady, Seirah, and he soon starts falling for her. Nevertheless, Pete learned his lessons from his former failed relationships, and he knows better than to jump to conclusions.

The book contains little offensive language, thereby making it feasible for a wide range of readers. Loneliness in the Pocket by Graeme Stuckings is authored from different points of view, and the language is easily comprehensible.

I have to admit I was disoriented when the story flashes back to the lives of the characters. I had a hard time catching up with the details; however, the story tended to flow smoothly as I read through. I loved how the author included a subtitle of the character to be discussed, and then the particulars are given in the first-person point of view. The amazing bit about it is that I feel the vehemences of different characters and can resonate with them.

Seirah’s care for stray animals was something I appreciated. She had diverse animals in her home, which all she had rescued along the way. It isn’t common to encounter a person that is that humanitarian. I commend the author for including an aspect of care for animals.

There is a repetition of a telephone conversation between Pete and Seirah. It starts when Pete calls her, intending to see her. Then comes when the discussion is from Seirah’s perspective, and the telephone conversation starts over from the time when Pete called. I considered the repetition insignificant. That’s what I didn’t like. Furthermore, the romance part of the story is weakly built up, and so are some dialogues — I got lost in some bits and had to re-read again to comprehend who says what. The dullsville state that comes with these unsettling aspects compels me to rate the book 3 out of 4 stars.

The book is professionally edited, having found no grammatical errors or typos. I enjoyed how Pete expressed his emotions and worries about getting into new relationships. I recommend the book to audiences who love a romance story based on adventures and tête-à-têtes rather than erotic scenes.

Loneliness in the Pocket
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I think this serves as an awareness that we should be cautious with our relationships, just like Pete when he met Seirah and started falling for her. This serves as a reminder that not all relationships would stay until the end, and we should consider if we're really willing to go through that 'for better or for worse' phrase in the wedding vows. Thanks for your review.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I read a book like this recently where action would happen, then a past memory came up, and then the whole situation happened all over again but from a different point of view. It does sound like a good one, so thanks for the review.
-Amy
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Quite an intriguing plot we have here. Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf. Great review here.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

This review make me feel like i need to be careful when start relationship with. That what i like the most about from this review. Furthermore the story of a guy who wants to start a new relationship for the fourth time look interesting.
Marlene Venter
Favorite Book: The Complete Sherlock Holmes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlene-venter.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Marlene Venter »

Three failed marriages are a warning sign in itself. If I were Pete, I would rather concentrate on meaningful friendships, rather than romantic relationships.
Tina Smayile
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tina Smayile »

I think Pete should not get married right away he have to learn more about the person he's in relationship with, and i think if he could focus on himself first then starting a new relationship.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

It is never too late for a second chance. Pete should be able to find love again. The book would surely be a good read. Thanks for your review.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Reading the first paragraphs gave me an impression about the book but then the followed ones made me doubt reading it. Your review seems to be honest about the book.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Radhika Nair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-nair.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Radhika Nair »

At some level I am so intrigued by this story's potential for arousing a variety of emotions. Is it hilarious? Painful? Full of frustration? All of those? I would have liked to read the book if I had reason to conclude that it was lively. But based on your perceptive remarks, I fear it falls through, particularly if this is meant to be a romance story with the romance done poorly. I will not be reading this book, but I hope people who do enjoy it.
Mosele 19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosele-19.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mosele 19 »

I'm really looking forward to learning more about Pete. This book looks like an interesting romance novel. Nice review.
Kieran Anslow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-anslow.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kieran Anslow »

Books that revolves around romance and love are always intriguing. Od love to know how the story ended. Good storyline and kudos to the author. Thanks for your honest review.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an inspiring romantic fiction novel highlighting love lost, learning from past mistakes, cautiousness, adventure, and a captivating plot. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Alhassan Abdulmumin A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Alhassan Abdulmumin A »

The review make me believe that, life has a long journey and one has to become focus always and have in mind that given up in life is never an option
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 80354
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 793%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

This is a romantic book 📚 with medical Discovery and mystery adventure, romance happens anytime any place it can either be true or false the character has never been lucky in love having endured three divorce while he was still thinking about his miserable life and about her x_wife he realized that him and his lawyer share history I like the story and how the author was so open

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”